Guest guest37336

Steve Jobs, RIP.

Guest guest37336

Well the fella who gave windows a run for their money has finally departed after a long illness.:cry::wubclub:

All I can say is:

apple-logo3.jpg

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

While not a 'fan boy', I wouldn't be without my Ipad & Iphone and my son treasures his Imac.

Watched this video a couple of months ago - Steve Jobs demo'ing the first Apple Mac in 1984

G0FtgZNOD44

56 is no age, unfortunately, when it comes to the big C, age counts for nothing :sad:

Guest guest37336
While not a 'fan boy', I wouldn't be without my Ipad & Iphone and my son treasures his Imac.

Watched this video a couple of months ago - Steve Jobs demo'ing the first Apple Mac in 1984

G0FtgZNOD44

56 is no age, unfortunately, when it comes to the big C, age counts for nothing :sad:

I well remember my first Mac Rob, an LC575 bought in Mulgrave Road, Cairns, from a reseller, (not there anymore,:cry:) :notworthy::notworthy:.

Whilst I kid about my Mac's, they are the first system I used and just haven't been able to get used to anything else is all.:notworthy:

Like you say mate, the big C is indiscriminate and cruel in the extreme.:mad:

Cheers Tony.

They said tody that he was the modern day Thomas Eddison, and they are probably right, lifechanging stuff. RIP

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Gee and I was Slating him and his evil empire off only yesterday. I had know he was sick but I didn't know it was that bad. So I suppose he is of to the big PC in the Sky I just hope for his sake it doesn't run Windows!

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

Guest peacock

This is going to be our thinnest, most lightweight coffin yet...

forgive my ignorance but i had never heard of him till yesterday but R.I.P Steve ...........

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Guest guest37336
forgive my ignorance but i had never heard of him till yesterday but R.I.P Steve ...........

Obviously not an Apple fan Nick.:shocked::biglaugh:

They spoilt it in my opinion when one commentator said:

'Steve Jobs was to technology what Jesus Christ was to Christianity'.:goofy::goofy::shocked:

Yep a sad loss indeed, and of course my sympathies to his family, but at the end of the day he was a 'business' man, not a messiah or any other slant you want to put on it.

And this comes from an Apple fan mate, just a bit over the top I thought is all.

Cheers Tony.

Obviously not an Apple fan Nick.:shocked::biglaugh:

They spoilt it in my opinion when one commentator said:

'Steve Jobs was to technology what Jesus Christ was to Christianity'.:goofy::goofy::shocked:

Yep a sad loss indeed, and of course my sympathies to his family, but at the end of the day he was a 'business' man, not a messiah or any other slant you want to put on it.

And this comes from an Apple fan mate, just a bit over the top I thought is all.

Cheers Tony.

yes i thought that ,yesterday on the news (radio 96fm i was on again today btw classic superset)he was a legend app, changed the world in tech ? maybe he did but so do the chinese and there are billions of them ,......did he put much of his wealth to charity......? my uncle Albert passed away a few months ago , he had a heart transplant 20 yrs ago and was the longest serving patient at wythenshawe hospital ,he did work world wide for transplant patients ie olympics and charity work for new heart start and asked for nothing ........charity bike rides ect.......Albert should have got a medal for all his yrs of work ......what charity work did Steve do on a regular basis .........you can see where my priorities lie ......

Voted Best Newcomer 2010 by PIO Members.......Thank you....x

Guest guest37336
yes i thought that ,yesterday on the news (radio 96fm i was on again today btw classic superset)he was a legend app, changed the world in tech ? maybe he did but so do the chinese and there are billions of them ,......did he put much of his wealth to charity......? my uncle Albert passed away a few months ago , he had a heart transplant 20 yrs ago and was the longest serving patient at wythenshawe hospital ,he did work world wide for transplant patients ie olympics and charity work for new heart start and asked for nothing ........charity bike rides ect.......Albert should have got a medal for all his yrs of work ......what charity work did Steve do on a regular basis .........you can see where my priorities lie ......

As far as I know mate, he did give a fair bit to charity, and I appreciate that fact. He also 'gave' a lot to the education system in the US, BUT.

Tis a sign of the times to a degree mate where those that 'truly' give for no other reason than 'just' giving very often get overlooked I'm afraid.

As I said Nick, great fan of all things Apple, but I in all honesty I would like to see such glories and accolades bestowed upon some truly worthy others is all.

Cheers Tony.:idea:

yes i thought that ,yesterday on the news (radio 96fm i was on again today btw classic superset)he was a legend app, changed the world in tech ? maybe he did but so do the chinese and there are billions of them ,....

I would think that when people remember inventors Steve Jobs will be way down there and probably below Sir Clive Sinclair, he was certainly no Nikola Tesla someone that really did change the world. Steve Jobs main aim in life was to line his pockets, but to be fair he was not as bad as Bill Gates.

teslapic.jpg

TRA Submitted 24/03/11,TRA Successful 18/04/11,WA SA Submitted 19/04/11,WA Approved 20/05/11,176 Visa lodged 20/05/11,Form 1100 to DIAC 22/06/11,CO Assigned 05/07/11,Medicals 19/9/11 Finalized 27/09/11,S.Africa+UK PCC sent to CO 6/10/11,VISA Granted 7/10/11!

Bill Gates has always struck me as a very decent man when deciding what to do with his money. His charitable programme suggests money was not his motivation.

Steve Jobs specifically lectured about money not motivating him and wanted a legacy far more than money.

I was very touched to see tributes and flowers outside the Apple store in Sydney yesterday. A lot of people had left apples with messages carved into the skin.

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

It seems the Westboro Baptist Church have been at it again.

You might remember them as the “God Hates Fags” people (that’s the title of their official website), and the threat to burn the Koran a few months ago which gained worldwide publicity.

Immediately after Steve Jobs’ death on Wednesday evening, Westboro top member Margie Phelps tweeted the fact that they planned on protesting his funeral. Here’s what that tweet looked like, followed by replies from other members.

sj1.png

sj3.png

4 tweets, all sent from iphones & 1 talking about uploading photos from their mac !:biglaugh:

The Westboro baptist church have also posted on their blog saying “Thank GOD! Steve Jobs is Dead.” With a modifed biblical passage proclaiming that Steve Jobs played a part in gay marriage, which will bring civilization down –

Genesis 6:4 There were giants (in business/industry) in the earth in those days…the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Those captains of business/industry in Noah’s day did what Jobs and his cohorts do TODAY: turn the country over to the fags!

Fag marriage will bring your destruction! Jobs is responsible!

:wacko:

Guest guest37336
It seems the Westboro Baptist Church have been at it again.

You might remember them as the “God Hates Fags” people (that’s the title of their official website), and the threat to burn the Koran a few months ago which gained worldwide publicity.

Immediately after Steve Jobs’ death on Wednesday evening, Westboro top member Margie Phelps tweeted the fact that they planned on protesting his funeral. Here’s what that tweet looked like, followed by replies from other members.

sj1.png

sj3.png

4 tweets, all sent from iphones & 1 talking about uploading photos from their mac !:biglaugh:

The Westboro baptist church have also posted on their blog saying “Thank GOD! Steve Jobs is Dead.” With a modifed biblical passage proclaiming that Steve Jobs played a part in gay marriage, which will bring civilization down –

:wacko:

Aye Rob.:no:

There's nothing like unbiased and educated opinion, and that was nothing like unbiased and educated opinion.:no::biglaugh:

The classic is the highlighted passage Rob, seriously, some shouldn't be allowed out without a carer.

Cheers Tony.

59749.jpg

It looks like Steve still has some work to do!