register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Francesca

Medical tests and police checks

Guest Francesca

I have sent off my application a few days ago. Do I want untill I have received a case officer before I go ahead with my medical examinations and police checks? Im a bit confused about when I get all of that completed.

Which visa have you applied for??

Its best to wait for a CO as your date for validating your visas are taken from the dates of your medicals or PCC which ever is earliest.

To be honest, I was planning to front load my application, but 7 days after applying I had a CO asking for both. I got a medical booked within 7 days (if you can do it during working hours) and the police check can be done in 48 hours if you are prepared to pay an extra £35 (not much in the grand scheme of things).

Probably not worth frontloading considering the time to get the docs, it would only being chewing into your time until you need to validate/move.

All in my humble opinion

P

Guest Francesca

It looks like you had your visa granted very quickly Pete, can I ask what your occupation is?

Ok I will wait untill I have heard from a case officer.

Im applying for the skilled 175 visa.

It looks like you had your visa granted very quickly Pete, can I ask what your occupation is?

Ok I will wait untill I have heard from a case officer.

Im applying for the skilled 175 visa.

Hi, yeah, no probs. It's IT Business Analyst (261111), assessed by ACS.

Definitely wait if on a 175, they can take up to a year to get a CO. 176's are a whole different category and are currently processing quite quickly.

Here's a link which tells you what visas they're currently processing. For 175's they're working through the December 2010 ones, so 10 months wait.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Cheers

P

Guest Francesca

Am I right in thinking that no one looks at the applications untill a case officer is appointed? I am a midwife so have heard processing times are quicker but if they don't look at the appliction they wont see my application.