Please can someone help me!!

Guest chev1002

Guest chev1002

Hi

My husband and I are both 52 years old we would like to move to Perth WA my husband has been approached by a few companies offering him work in the mines working on heavy plant machines, they offer either part or all of a relocation package but he'd prefer if he was working Offshore as that's what he does he's an Offshore mechanical maintenance supervisor. although his background was in Heavy Plant.

Is it possible for us to relocate ourselves? if so which visa would take us? we do own 2 homes so financially were Ok I just don't want him to take a job for 2 years he doesn't really want only to move on when he's 54 He's rather go and get an offshore job if that's possible?

Please help I seem to be going round in circles

Chrissie:

Hi, we are here on a 457 and my husband will be 50 in March. You can take the 457 and then try to look for a path to PR afterwards, but because of both of your ages over 50 I would certainly have the sponsoring company put your case before a migration agent before you make any decisions! At least if it will only be for the 4 years of the 457 you will know where you stand and can make an informed decision. It is difficult to get PR after the 50 year birthday, but not impossible.... although it does depend on a lot of factors, which is why a migration agent will be the best choice. Good luck.

Guest chev1002

Thanks for that so you reckon we should go on a 457 sponsored visa

Can anyone tell me is there a really good site for company's who are willing to sponsor?

Guest chev1002
hey chev, i dont think theres a age limit for that visa but im not sure. do you mean he operates the machinery or do you mean hes a mechanic?

He is a Mechanical engineer currently working for Chevron in Angola West Africa.