Guest clarkie

Nursing salary/money concerns

Guest clarkie

Hi guy

Can anyone tell me what a rmn with 5 years experience be earning. Been told it was roughly about $62000 including living away from home allowance. Have done costing ie cost of living and as a family of four my working out says we can live of this. Would you agree. This is concerning us

Jobs and Careers Nurses thread will probably help you or someone will be able to from the thread.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Hi guy

Can anyone tell me what a rmn with 5 years experience be earning. Been told it was roughly about $62000 including living away from home allowance. Have done costing ie cost of living and as a family of four my working out says we can live of this. Would you agree. This is concerning us

Doesnt sound a great deal for a family to live on. Can you salary package? Where will you be living? City living is expensive: rents etc.

Guest Newinsydney

62000 is around the average wage in Australia so to compare the UK average is about 24000 pounds.

A lot of people like to take the UK wage and multiply by 2.2 to get the required Australian salary.

Guest SupportPants
Hi guy

It completely depends where in Australia you will be going. Also - what sort of visa you will be on - temporary residency ones mean school fees and no child support etc if it includes Lafha what percentage?

Guest clarkie

Will be melbourne point cook area rent about 1200-1300

Hi guy

ok if you are single.

Guest SupportPants

I think that would be a struggle to be honest unless your other half works as well.