Young female, psychiatric nurse needing advice on moving to work in Melbourne

funkyashbash

Hi guys. My names ashley from glasgow. I'm young, single and seriously thinking about making a move to oz to work. I qualified in 2009 with my degree in psychiatric nursing. I have now nearly 2 years of working with addictions and social work regarding child protection cases behind me. I have no ties to stop me however the thought is naturally daunting. I've lived in perth, western oz for a few months back in 2009 and wasn't impressed. Beautiful place of course however i am a city chic and was told by backpackers whom i met in pubs in perth then i would like Melbourne better as it is more modern and cosmopolitan. Is this the case? Would love to hear from folk. Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen
Melbourne is a million times better than Perth. :wink:

Umm I wonder why you would say that:tongue: and I suppose Mornington is the best place in Melbourne:hug: (well actually I think you are right)

Guest The Pom Queen
Almost as good as Cairns.

Nearly but not quite, but that's down to the weather, although in a few months I probably won't be saying that when the next version of Yasi passes over:swoon: