hoping to move to melbourne!!

Guest kelliesaul

Guest kelliesaul

hi everyone my fiance is currently working in melbourne, myself & my 2 year old son are hoping to move over,, im here on a holiday at the moment & im a bit put off. hes living in st kilda at the moment an its nice but if im bringing my son i wnt to live in a nice house outside of the city,, nice area!! wit possibly shops an parks very close to home!! if anyone can help that would be great thanks!!!

Hi and welcome to PIO. Im in Queensland so can't really help with Melbourne but we have loads of members that way on so im sure they will be along soon to help with suburbs,, in the meantime if you have access to a car, drive, drive and drive some more, there is no doubt finding somewhere you like is easiest driving around.

Cal x

Guest MADTOM

Hi

We recently moved to Altona (western suburbs 13 km from CBD) very family friendly, nice place, beach, parks and good schools but feels a little bit isolated from anywhere i.e days out take an extra hour as we are on the wrong side of the bridge. If I could go back would probably have gone for Eltham, Templestowe, Doncaster east or ringwood east. If I could afford Clifton hill that would have been lovely. :biggrin:

Hope you find the right place x

Guest guest48800

Hello there and welcome!

There's lot's of good advice re. Melbourne suburbs in the Victoria forum, if you go to that then have a look through the threads on there you'll get a good idea on areas both east and west. There's a specific thread titled 'suburbs'. Hope this helps, good luck with your search :smile:

Guest The Pom Queen

There are quite a few lovely family suburbs like you have described but how far of a commute do you want? Point Cook may be a good place to look, you will get more for your money and it's closer to the City. A lot of expat families live in Berwick, Lynbrook, Lyndhurst and Cranbourne.