Help required for 176

Guest garrycool

Guest garrycool

Hi All

I am planning to apply for immigration under 176 visa subclass, I have few queries:

(i) My sister is going to sponsor me, but we both don't have birth certificates. So please guide if we can use our passport or high school certificate containing our parents name to prove the relationship.

(ii) Do we need to show funds in our account while lodging the visa?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Guest garrycool

Thanks for reply.

No there is no specific reason. I just thought it for faster processing as compared to 175, so any other option available. I belong to 261313 (Software Engineer).

Thanks for reply.

No there is no specific reason. I just thought it for faster processing as compared to 175, so any other option available. I belong to 261313 (Software Engineer).

Have you looked to see if that occupation is on any state sponsorship lists ?

Try http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0020/225920/SBMP-State-Sponsorship-Occupation-List-for-Victoria-FINAL-September-2011.pdf

A SS 176 would be a quicker option for you.

If you are UK born you can order a replacement birth certificate online.:wink:

But I could not find my stream in the list. I am a software engineer (261313) with .net (C#) specialization. Any suggestions.

I strongly advise that you consult a registered migration agent about possible visa strategies, before you commit to a course of action.

Guest garrycool

Thanks a lot Chardy. I have checked their list and it is there.

But I am still confused about 176 SS as the processing time for it is 24 months (high risk, I am from India so I guess it is under high risk) whereas 175 or 176 is 18 months.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot Chardy. I have checked their list and it is there.

But I am still confused about 176 SS as the processing time for it is 24 months (high risk, I am from India so I guess it is under high risk) whereas 175 or 176 is 18 months.

Please advise.

I'm not sure about HR applicants (there is a thread devoted to you guys) but a 176 SS is quicker than a 175.

A low risk 176 SS I would expect to take less than 12 months.

Best have a look at others timelines to get a better idea.