Guest tosh105

Worried about my cat!

Guest tosh105

Hi,

I am moving to Perth and the start of November with my girlfriend and our cat. I was initially worried that my cat wouldn’t handle the heat but the vets seems to think that she will adapt to the heat fine. But now I’m worried about the game she like to play...she likes to hunt moths and spiders then brings then into the house and flicks them all over the place until either they escape our I save them! Obviously this game is not so harmless in oz and I was wondering if anyone else has cat liked to play similar games and what did you do to protect them?

Thanks in advance!

Tosh (on behalf of kike)

I have three cats and two of them love the game and they eat them. Nothing has happened to the cats. I have had cats most of my time in Aus which is a long time and never lost a cat to a spider bite, spider and moth eating or a snake.

Only problem and am not sure about Perth but ticks are a problem in Queensland, fortunately we do not have them here in Vic.

My cats love the sun which is bad for all three as they have pink noses and one is completely white. Cats can get sunburn if they are ginger or light coloured, happens on noes and ears but if the cat is happy you can put sun screen on. Mine will not let me do this.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Guest tosh105

thanks for the response petals, i will need to find out if ticks are a problem in perth!

The tick in Queensland everyone is worried about is the paralysis tick. You dont get it in Perth. My friends in Perth use the normal frontline for ticks, fleas etc and that seems to be sufficient to ward off any nasties.

Hi Tosh

Your cat will be fine, but check on the council laws to see if your cat is allowed out, some councils may have 24 hour curfews, others may have a dusk till Dawn curfew. Take a read here re Ticks in Perth

http://www.yourpetsvet.com.au/TICKS.html

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.