Worried about my cat!

Guest tosh105

Guest tosh105

Hi,

I am moving to Perth and the start of November with my girlfriend and our cat. I was initially worried that my cat wouldn’t handle the heat but the vets seems to think that she will adapt to the heat fine. But now I’m worried about the game she like to play...she likes to hunt moths and spiders then brings then into the house and flicks them all over the place until either they escape our I save them! Obviously this game is not so harmless in oz and I was wondering if anyone else has cat liked to play similar games and what did you do to protect them?

Thanks in advance!

Tosh (on behalf of kike)

I have three cats and two of them love the game and they eat them. Nothing has happened to the cats. I have had cats most of my time in Aus which is a long time and never lost a cat to a spider bite, spider and moth eating or a snake.

Only problem and am not sure about Perth but ticks are a problem in Queensland, fortunately we do not have them here in Vic.

My cats love the sun which is bad for all three as they have pink noses and one is completely white. Cats can get sunburn if they are ginger or light coloured, happens on noes and ears but if the cat is happy you can put sun screen on. Mine will not let me do this.