starlight7

Anyone watch 4 Corners about poor children in the UK?

I felt sick and angry that things have got so bad in a supposedly 'rich' country. I felt sick that 5% of the people own over 90% of the wealth. Glad I don't live there and hope it never gets that bad here. Why would anyone want or need the amount of money these very rich have? They should pay 90% tax on it not 20% as they do now. Shame Great Britain . Shame.

I felt sick and angry that things have got so bad in a supposedly 'rich' country. I felt sick that 5% of the people own over 90% of the wealth. Glad I don't live there and hope it never gets that bad here. Why would anyone want or need the amount of money these very rich have? They should pay 90% tax on it not 20% as they do now. Shame Great Britain . Shame.

20%? It's 40% over £35k and 50% over £150k.

OH's front loaded application (309 visa) received at AH 13/04/2011. CO assigned 20/04/2011. Original documents returned 26/04/2011. Visa approved 11/08/2011! Arrived in Adelaide 3/11/2011

Second stage (permanent) visa applied 2/04/2013. Visa granted 14/05/2013.

No- I'm talking about rich people who said that they only pay 20%- I mean REALLY rich , not normal salaries. They hide income and fiddle around - some don't actually pay any tax at all.

They hide income and fiddle around - some don't actually pay any tax at all.

Like that doesn't happen everywhere! :mad:

Angie.... a work in progress!