Is it worth getting sticker in passport when Visa Granted ?

SHANO7

Hi PIO's

AS you know we have just got our visa and this bascially is electronic through the VEVO system.

I always thought we would have to either send our visas to Oz House or go there in person to have a sticker put in them. The Visa Grant documenmtation states that only some Visas require this sticker. Im assuming that as our grant letter doesnt mention we need it then basically we dont.

What do you lot think ??

For a 176 sc is the sticker required ?

Thanks

Shane

Guest JK2510

Shane it is easier. Schooling,banks,finance,Medicare,centrelink etc.... It is really handy,better than carrying the grant letter around!

Its true that you dont HAVE to have the sticker in your passport but its alot easier to get on with life if you do. I found this out when going to get medicare stuff sorted and other bits and bobs. I ended up getting it in there. Its also nice to have a look at it in your passport and remind yourself you have it!!

I was wondering about this too - we want to get the stickers in our passports, just so we can look at them lol - with our grant letter it says about sending your passports off to London, but we were wondering if anyone had done it in person, as I'm paranoid about sending anything in the post nowadays (special delivery or not!).

Cheers if anyone has done this and can advise (or hasn't themselves, but knows how to do it :) )

Guest JK2510

You can go to oz house in London. They are only open from 9-11 am Monday to Friday. I know you can send them,they go to a different address though-for security reasons I would think. I'm not sure how long it would take but our agent offered the service ie we send them to him and he arranges it and we were told that would take 3 wks!

I sent OH on the train at a lovely cost of £45! peak travel from Hampshire to London Waterloo. He was back home by 11.

Guest The Pom Queen

Or you can wait until you arrive and then take your passport to your nearest DIAC in Melbourne it's Dandenong and they can put it in there and then

Agreed it's definitely easier for all the reasons stated below. Additionally some recent migrants to WA have had problems getting their drivers licences because they didn't get the stickers in their passports and the licensing agency wouldn't accept the letter... apparently this was the WRONG type of letter for them to issue a driving license!!!

If you send your passports off today you may well have them back by the weekend!

Guest gavnicjacflo
You can go to oz house in London. They are only open from 9-11 am Monday to Friday. I know you can send them,they go to a different address though-for security reasons I would think. I'm not sure how long it would take but our agent offered the service ie we send them to him and he arranges it and we were told that would take 3 wks!

I sent OH on the train at a lovely cost of £45! peak travel from Hampshire to London Waterloo. He was back home by 11.

did you just turn up or did you have to book an appointment:jimlad: