bunbury61

Rugby world cup - England ,Ireland and Wales

As an Englishmen , iam disappointed about the revelations and behaviour of some of our rugby players in NZ.

I thought only our so called footballers were capable of such stupidity and naivety.

In contrast the Welsh have got their act together .....a new young ,focussed captain in Sam Warburton , a togetherness in the team , which hasnt always been the case.

As they have such strong minded individuals , like the Dutch soccer team , its often hard to galvanize them .....but not this time.

Apparently the Welsh players havent had a beer for months now , and their training has been extensive .

The game between Ireland and Wales should be a cracker ,and i think one of these will rightly represent the Northern hemisphere in the final.

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Guest welshspark

wales all the way to the final.

Young blokes always go 'off the rails' at some point and footballers are no different to the 'average' ones you will see in the pub all over the globe. We still expect them to fight for us if there's a war too. I think Kipling wrote a poem about it? 'Tommy this & Tommy that?'

I dont really agree with that, they arent average blokes in the pub, they're playing for their country and representing england while abroad. they're paid enough so they should behave when they're meant to, plenty time for drinking and sleeping around in their own time. Thats just my opinion tho

It's hard to fight that urge to party when you are young, no matter what your station in life - getting 'Gazzaed' or 'Freddied' (Andrew Flintoff) or (Prince) 'Harried!'

i know that but i still think they should be mature enough to behave theirselfs for the time that they are there. maybe thats me just being a boring old fart tho!

i know that but i still think they should be mature enough to behave theirselfs for the time that they are there. maybe thats me just being a boring old fart tho!

Still up at 2am on a week night? I tried to accept you as a friend but my computer over-ruled me - 'she' does that sometimes, always sticking 'her' nose in, trying to stop me having fun.

yeah im heading to bed soon, im watching "how i met your mother" on tv, ive turned into a total night owl since holiday

yeah im heading to bed soon, im watching "how i met your mother" on tv, ive turned into a total night owl since holiday

Sorry, it's midnight - ten hours behind not eight. I go to bed far too late myself, up at 1030 and just thinking of going back to read my 'Kindle' for a bit when I should be looking for a job instead.

nope its 2.13 am right now, aah i thought you were retired. i used to go to bed really early like 9 or 10 sometimes but now i cant seem to sleep early, i'll have to get back into a routine lol

Guest B3lty

if your referring to the england team going to the pub, i dont think its fair to put the england team down like that, i personally know a few of the players and the boys blowing off steam by having a night out is easily fair. imagine the constant physical and mental pressure these lads are under, what do you expect them to do play the rugby put there bodies on the line, win and then go back to their rooms untill the next training session? the reality is the lads had a few days off and went to the pub went where the night took them and due to being famous were paraded throught the media. everyone needs to relax otherwise stress and pressure gets the better of you. also i think its some what disgraceful that after hearing stuff in the press you now as a englishman are backing wales or ireland for the final and ruling out your native team.

Guest B3lty
I dont really agree with that, they arent average blokes in the pub, they're playing for their country and representing england while abroad. they're paid enough so they should behave when they're meant to, plenty time for drinking and sleeping around in their own time. Thats just my opinion tho

they dont get formally paid for representing england as far as i am aware, any money they make is through sponsorship deals etc

Guest B3lty

sorry i take tht last comment back they have been paid since 95

Thats fine, i probably shouldnt of commented since im not really a supporter and i was probably a little harsh on them.

You can't blame the boys for looking for a bit of action and adventure , after all there has been a serious lack of scoring on the pitch !

Guest B3lty
You can't blame the boys for looking for a bit of action and adventure , after all there has been a serious lack of scoring on the pitch !

haha the boys are still doing something right tho to be in the buisness end of the competition

:)

if your referring to the england team going to the pub, i dont think its fair to put the england team down like that, i personally know a few of the players and the boys blowing off steam by having a night out is easily fair. imagine the constant physical and mental pressure these lads are under, what do you expect them to do play the rugby put there bodies on the line, win and then go back to their rooms untill the next training session? the reality is the lads had a few days off and went to the pub went where the night took them and due to being famous were paraded throught the media. everyone needs to relax otherwise stress and pressure gets the better of you. also i think its some what disgraceful that after hearing stuff in the press you now as a englishman are backing wales or ireland for the final and ruling out your native team.

I think I read that the English football team were kept locked up in their rooms (or something like that!) between matches during the last world cup, and didn't do them much good did it?

I've been watching some of the home videos the English rugby team have made whilst in NZ - they have been visiting schools, dropping in on the locals, all sorts of stuff like that, which funnily enough doesn't get much coverage in the media! They come across as a great bunch of young lads, good at what they do, polite and good mates, prepared to put their bodies on the line for their sport and their country, and I think the least we can do to repay them is to give them as much support as we can, and stop nitpicking about what they do when they're not entertaining us on the field!

Have a watch - defy you to finish watching without a smile on your face:

The AFL & NRL teams are constantly blackening their reputations from beginning of season to the end (see 'Mad Monday)

nope its 2.13 am right now, aah i thought you were retired. i used to go to bed really early like 9 or 10 sometimes but now i cant seem to sleep early, i'll have to get back into a routine lol

I got the time right,then wrong! noon means ten hours behind in UK yes 2am! I am the same going to bed about 2, getting up at 11, regretting my sloth, then doing it all over again. 10 past 11pm just thinking of spending my last $5 on a schooner down the pub!

PS not so much 'retired' as 'lazy' or 'N.A.A.F.I. as they used to say?) I need a job at least part time both for financial and for mental stimulation reasons.

Guest B3lty

yeh iv watched the vids that haskel has done portrays the boys in a great light and having spoke to one of the lads, they are doing alot more off camera, such as school development sessions and other cultural duties :):)

As an Englishmen , iam disappointed about the revelations and behaviour of some of our rugby players in NZ.

I thought only our so called footballers were capable of such stupidity and naivety.

In contrast the Welsh have got their act together .....a new young ,focussed captain in Sam Warburton , a togetherness in the team , which hasnt always been the case.

As they have such strong minded individuals , like the Dutch soccer team , its often hard to galvanize them .....but not this time.

Apparently the Welsh players havent had a beer for months now , and their training has been extensive .

The game between Ireland and Wales should be a cracker ,and i think one of these will rightly represent the Northern hemisphere in the final.

Remember there are members of the Welsh squad who have been through their own controversies in recent months (Andy Powell, Mike Phillips, Bradley Davies etc) so it's not like they've all turned into choirboys overnight.

However, there is a new resolve about the Welsh team, one that I haven't seen for several years. Watching that second half against Fiji on Saturday I was blown away but the effort and commitment shown by the team. I remember watching Warburton bravely throw himself on a loose ball with less than 10mins to go and Lee Halfpenny strolling under the posts with three team mates behind him and not a Fijian player in sight.

England always seem to do well in World Cup competitions and I wouldn't write them off just yet (remember they're yet to lose a match) as they have a pack of forwards capable of causing most teams a few problems.

Personally although union is my first love, I prefer league nowadays. Some of the antics of the (union) players is starting to mirror that of their overpaid footballing colleagues.

Bye Bye England & Ireland Two very good games, and the England France game full points to the Referee, he read the game very well.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates 1981

Bye Bye England & Ireland Two very good games, and the England France game full points to the Referee, he read the game very well.

Proper mans game on later mate , Leeds v st Helens . More tackles and off loads than the whole of this world cup !

Proper mans game on later mate , Leeds v st Helens . More tackles and off loads than the whole of this world cup !

Is that live? Surprising have seen nothing hardly on the England game! Will be loads later if the Aussies lose to SA which I think they will.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates 1981