Submitted my VETASSESS assessment!

Guest ReginaPhalange

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All,

Just to share with all of you that my skills assessment from VETASSESS for professional occupation submitted on 27th October 2011 has been successful today i.e. on 7th March 2012. I will publish a detailed thread on it, as while lodging my application Sept/Oct last year I was unable to find a case typical of the scenario I had. So for guidance of any future candidates I will publish details. My nominated occupation was "Occupational Health & Safety Adviser" and my basic qualification is BSc in Mechanical Engineering.

Regards,

Thanks Prisc. And I intend to apply to WA. I have wife only in my family. My wife is appearing in IELTS on 10th of March, hopefully till such time that her results come, I will have WA SS approval and then by the end of March I should be able to send my application to DIAC.

Dear All,

Just to share with all of you that my skills assessment from VETASSESS for professional occupation submitted on 27th October 2011 has been successful today i.e. on 7th March 2012. I will publish a detailed thread on it, as while lodging my application Sept/Oct last year I was unable to find a case typical of the scenario I had. So for guidance of any future candidates I will publish details. My nominated occupation was "Occupational Health & Safety Adviser" and my basic qualification is BSc in Mechanical Engineering.

Regards,

Thats brillliant.

Honestly thats the worst part over!

Hi guys

I was just wondering if anyone knew, do VETASSESS email you to confirm they've received your application? Or is it just a case of wait, wait, wait for the final result?

Also, I heard it takes around 12 weeks to get the result. Is this true in your experience?

Really hoping to get to Adelaide, SA :spinny:

I submitted my VETASSESS assessment 2 weeks ago and I am giddy with excitement and nerves.:jiggy:

Hi,i sent my vetassess off 2 weeks ago and received 2 letters,one being a tax invoice and another yesterday to say that all my documents had been received and that my application could be started

Today i received an e-mail from them to say that i had been given a level 1 and was able to proceed to the practical test. All this has happened a lot quicker than i thought but when i phoned vetassess to ask them of the time scale of things they said around 2 weeks...i thought that was a figure plucked out of the air to be honest!

I'm a joiner so maybe trades get processed more quickly,i have heard this, also, i submitted an urgency request form as i'm 40 in july and would lose points.

I have found them pretty good communication wise with e-mails,phoning through skype took a few attempts at getting through though.

Hope that helps,

Darren

Thanks for the info... best of luck to ur wife for her IELTS. my hubby is also sitting for the IELTS on 10th March he needs 8 in all four components. Fingers crossed. I am still waiting for some kind of a response from vetassess...

Did you apply for the points also to Vetassess or only assessment of skills and qualifications.

• 2 weeks later...
have u recevd ur letter. what abt the points test. we are still waiting for a response.

Yes I have received my letter and points test advice. Everything is in order except for my graduation year. My degree certificate says that the degree has been completed in Feb 2004, however that certificate was issued in 2005 so the issue date is 2005, so VETASSESS has put the degree completion date as 2005. Except for that everything is in order and as per my wish.

Hi all,would like to ask if how long do you need to wait before you receive the result by mail?Thanks

Dear Skyline, From the time desicion is made by VETASSESS it took 10 calendar days to receive my letter by post. I opted for International Courier service while lodging my application.

How many points did u get from Vetassess for your qualification and experience

They did not say exactly how many points I am eligible for. They just said in the letter that my qualifications are equivalent to Australian Bachelor Degree and in a highly relevant field of study and that my two positions from 2005 to 2008 and 2009 to 2011 are closely related to the nominated occupation.

Guest flossiebess

Hi All

Does anyone know the messages and maybe the sequence that they appear in after you have submitted your docs and supporting info?

[TABLE=class: cms_table_blue, width: 0]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #EAF2F8]Status[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #EAF2F8]Description[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: white]

[TD=width: 9%, align: center]tick.gif[/TD]

[TD]Your application record/form and supporting documents have been received and is currently being processed. If VETASSESS require any further documentation in order to proceed with this application you will be notified.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Further documents required:None

Does this mean that they don't need anything and they are processing? Or is it just in the queue and I might have to send other docs?

THANKS!

Hi All

Does anyone know the messages and maybe the sequence that they appear in after you have submitted your docs and supporting info?

[TABLE=class: cms_table_blue, width: 0]

[TR]

[TH=bgcolor: #EAF2F8]Status[/TH]

[TH=bgcolor: #EAF2F8]Description[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR=bgcolor: white]

[TD=width: 9%, align: center]tick.gif[/TD]

[TD]Your application record/form and supporting documents have been received and is currently being processed. If VETASSESS require any further documentation in order to proceed with this application you will be notified.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Further documents required:None

Does this mean that they don't need anything and they are processing? Or is it just in the queue and I might have to send other docs?

THANKS!

If you applied at least 16 weeks ago, then this is a good sign and it means that they are working on ur application.

Hi All

Looked online to see if anything changed since Friday and to my surprise I now have a positive successful assessment, worked out that if I knock off my agents mistake for not telling me for a month that there was a request for addtional information it has taken exactly 16 weeks to go through!

Happy boy!

Crabbie's in hand!:biggrin: