Submitted my VETASSESS assessment!

Guest ReginaPhalange

Guest ReginaPhalange

Hi guys

I submitted my VETASSESS assessment 2 weeks ago and I am giddy with excitement and nerves.:jiggy:

I was just wondering if anyone knew, do VETASSESS email you to confirm they've received your application? Or is it just a case of wait, wait, wait for the final result?

Also, I heard it takes around 12 weeks to get the result. Is this true in your experience?

Really hoping to get to Adelaide, SA :spinny:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

I submitted my VETASSESS assessment 2 weeks ago and I am giddy with excitement and nerves.:jiggy:

I was just wondering if anyone knew, do VETASSESS email you to confirm they've received your application? Or is it just a case of wait, wait, wait for the final result?

Also, I heard it takes around 12 weeks to get the result. Is this true in your experience?

Really hoping to get to Adelaide, SA :spinny:

All the best, Regina!! :biggrin:

Guest HoutoMel

I don't remember receiving an email, but if you do it online you can check there to see if your supporting documents have been received. It's really the only benefit of online submittal, IMO. If you didn't, you could give them a call to see if they've gotten your items.

Guest ReginaPhalange
I don't remember receiving an email, but if you do it online you can check there to see if your supporting documents have been received. It's really the only benefit of online submittal, IMO. If you didn't, you could give them a call to see if they've gotten your items.

Thank you. I logged in and it's saying they've not received my docs yet (I didn't realise I could check online... d'ur!). I sent them 2 and a half week ago... Hope they receive them soon!:wideeyed: I haven't sent anything to oz before so I don't know what the normal time line is for receiving post.

Anyway, just incase anyone else is in the same boat, VETASSESS said they will email me when they have received them. :v_SPIN:

I sent all my documents off to Vetassess from the UK on the 5th Sept & received an email on the 26th Sept to say all had been received. My online status page also updated to show "all documents received".

Now just nervously waiting with fingers crossed for the outcome!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys we waited one month before they did anything with our application- we know they got it a week later as we sent it from Ireland with DHL. Then we waited another 4 months for them to process it. All in all about 5 months!

The giddy ness soon left us!

• 4 weeks later...

I sent all my docs on the 15th December, am under serious pressure to get application in before April, not only will vetassess not speak to me over the phone, but when I do manage to get through, they keep fobbing me off with londer waiting times!!

So frustrating!

:arghh:

It's a paid service, they're not doing anything for free, I really think that they should hire more staff or do something to relieve the backlog.

Would love to hear from anyone who applied around the same time for a professional position !

Guest Skyline

Hi all,I received Vetasses acknowledgement last October 19,2011.I emailed them last week and their reply is that my assessment is on the final stage.I don't know what does it mean.But I guess they are really sticking to the 16-week processing time.I just hope to receive a positive result.Will keep you all posted.Good luck to us:biggrin:

Hi Regina Phalange. Best of luck with the Vetassess. They will surely send you an email confirming that they have received your application and the payment. After tat it is a long never ending wait. My OH has also submitted his application to Vetassess for assessment. It has been close 14 weeks and we are still waiting. We are from a HR country so that is why our wait is longer. Just hope that we get a positive result at the end of the wait.

If you have submitted everything as they have asked for then hopefully you should get a response soon. Their minimum waiting time is 12-16 weeks if you have asked for a skill and qualification assessment.

Hope my response was successful.

what in ur opinion is the best way to get 8's in the IELTS. My hubby sits this weekend for the 2nd time. we need 8's in all components. He has terrible writing so scored only 6.5 in it. Any ideas

I recommend trying to get himself onto one of those evening crash courses, although it might be a bit late at this stage... Otherwise, he could check out all the resources on the internet such as example questions with example answers for each band. Research exactly what the examiners will be looking for, and try to ensure that bad habits are eliminated.

I scored 8.5 across the board on mine, but I put a lot of it down to the crash course I did over the space of a week. There are many errors and habits which may well have gone against me if I had not have taken that course!

Guest Girl65

I passed vet assess in October, I rang them a lot and the info they can provide is limited. From my experience the procedure is as follows

1 . Your documents go to a lady who processes payment

2. The documents then are put into a file and the online system is updated

3. Your file is given to a team, A case officer from that team is assigned , if the case officer needs help he may ask another case officer for advise, they need to verify your employment, college and ensure your references are similar to the anzeco code

4. The case officer makes a decision but a verifier from the team needs to double check to ensure decision is correct

5 a decision is made, letters are prepared and your details are updated on the online system