Carpenters tools, shipping issues...

Guest Carltoncraft

Guest Carltoncraft

Hello people, this is my first thread after lurking for a while!

Wondered if I could pick any Carpenters brains on how they managed to ship their tools - the issue being that Husband will need them right up until leaving date (early feb 2012) so putting them on the container isn't really an option. We've considered selling them here at the last minute and purchasing second hand on our arrival in Perth. Is there much of a second hand market for tools in Perth?

We're both a bit stumped on this one really! Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Sarah

It depends what sort of collection he has, how big, how heavy etc. And will he need them straight away in Oz? Is he emotionally attached to any of the tools?

(a) = What would they cost to replace in Oz?

(b) = What is he likely to sell them for in UK?

© = What would it cost to ship them air-freight?

If (a)-(b) is less than ©, then sell them and buy new, otherwise ship them airfreight.

Just make sure they're really clean, and oil any blades etc. He may not be able to get all of them through quarantine, it will depend on what tools they are.

:)

Guest Carltoncraft

It's mostly going to be the larger power tools, we've looked into airfreight which seemed probably a bit expensive for what it's worth. he might not need them straight off as we were hoping to take a few weeks off to settle, however if the work becomes available he'll want to take it! It seems that power tools are going for a bit less than here on australian ebay...

My husband makes guitars too! :)