and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest orlaandjoe

New visa changes July 2012..help!

Guest orlaandjoe

Does anyone know if the proposed visa changes next year will effect employer sponsored permanent visas? We are heading over in the next few months on a 457 visa and my employer has said they will permanently sponsor me if evrything is going well after 1 year...just worried now in case these changes come in in the mean time? Thinking should we go ahead with application for 176 now as well as 457 just to be on the safe side? Any advice really appreciated!:wubclub:

Guest Toomers
Does anyone know if the proposed visa changes next year will effect employer sponsored permanent visas? We are heading over in the next few months on a 457 visa and my employer has said they will permanently sponsor me if evrything is going well after 1 year...just worried now in case these changes come in in the mean time? Thinking should we go ahead with application for 176 now as well as 457 just to be on the safe side? Any advice really appreciated!:wubclub:

Although I dont know for sure, I wouldnt have thought that they would remove the path for 457 to be able to become PR.. after proving your worth in Aus and paying tax's for a period of time why would they then make you return to the UK or worse stay on a 457 forever...

Someone else may come along that has more info but I personally wouldnt have thought so..

Guest orlaandjoe

Thanks Toomers,hopefully it wont change, I'm just a worrier!

Guest Toomers
Thanks Toomers,hopefully it wont change, I'm just a worrier!

In addition I would have thought if they did remove the roiute to PR from 457 then that would surly only apply to 457 applicants after the date the rule changed, not thouse that had enteredt Aus already...

Guest orlaandjoe

Yea that does make sense, Im sure they couldn't do it to people already there!

Guest Toomers
Yea that does make sense, Im sure they couldn't do it to people already there!

Although it is said that 457 do not provide a route to PR, lots of 457's do eventually go down the PR aplication route.. Aus Gov wouldnt want to lose the quick respource that the 457 offers as less people would accept a 457 if these was NO possibility of PR...

Just to re-itterate, I am in no way saying this is the case and in fact my view may be slightly biased towards my notion that they wouldnt as I am planning on entering Oz on a 457 with the view to then applying for PR... so can I be trusted.... starting to doubt my self now lol:twitcy:

Guest orlaandjoe

haha!Don't worry, what you're saying makes sense, hopefully someone can come along and put us out of our misery soon!:laugh: