BBC iplayer now available as an iPad app

Harpodom

Wait, so this works on the ipad over in Australia? Does this mean I can watch my beloved Eastenders when I move next March? I have an iPad and I have the iplayer app... this is the best news ever!:laugh:

I just checked and at this stage there is no Eastenders. It is a different service to the UK iplayer, ie it isn't really a catch up service, rather a selection of the best bits eg all the Dr Who episodes with David Tennant, all of Little Britain, league of Gentlemen, Psychoville, Saxondale

Personally I think it's ace. For catch up stuff there's an ABC iview app for ipad, also v good, lots of BBC and channel 4 stuff.

I think if you want stuff like Eastenders, you'll need to use iplayer via a UK based proxy server, eg iportal which apparently works with ipad, then you'd visit the iplayer site rather than using the app?

Wait, so this works on the ipad over in Australia? Does this mean I can watch my beloved Eastenders when I move next March? I have an iPad and I have the iplayer app... this is the best news ever!:laugh:

If you get satellite tv (foxtel or austar depending on where you're heading) then you can watch Eastenders 5 days a week on UKTV.

Can you view all the episodes so far in strictly come dancing??

Our I pad has been in the draw for the last 3mths plus not even been used! If it's a thumbs up I may have to blow the dust off and fire it up!

Guest The Pom Queen
Can you view all the episodes so far in strictly come dancing??

Our I pad has been in the draw for the last 3mths plus not even been used! If it's a thumbs up I may have to blow the dust off and fire it up!

Really:swoon:

If you don't want it I can give it a good home:laugh:

Guest The Pom Queen

Actually, whilst we are talking about the IPAD, I made a boo boo, I already had the non 3G version as I use my I Phone to tether, but I bought Rob one for Fathers Day exactly the same, but now I realise that not only does it not have the 3G but it doesn't have the GPS either, so we can't use either of them instead of our sat nav :cry:

Our is just wifi. We brought it in NYC earlier this year. We thought where would I take that with me as my iPhone is good enough.

I will fire it up later.

My iPhone does enough to stop me from doing the housework. The ironing board has a permanant place near the dining table as I'm addicted to freecell.

Guest The Pom Queen
Our is just wifi. We brought it in NYC earlier this year. We thought where would I take that with me as my iPhone is good enough.

I will fire it up later.

My iPhone does enough to stop me from doing the housework. The ironing board has a permanant place near the dining table as I'm addicted to freecell.

After using the IPad I find the I Phone too small lol x:wubclub:

• 4 months later...
Guest steve605
just get a vpn and use on all platforms. i use uktvaccess.com, but britishtvworldwide.com are also good, i hear.

I was really sick of expatshield, thanks muddyleopard, uktvaccess works just fine!

• 2 months later...
Guest mira

became a telly monster after all that I missed! Cheers muddy! and I figured out that I can use uktvaccess even if I go overseas, fantastic!