register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

AdamX

Where to find *cheap* cars in Central Coast area

Hi all

I've always been a bit of a bargain hunter when it comes to cars in the UK, and have always found it relatively easy to get a good car for not a lot of money here. For instance I currently have a year 2000 golf gti, with all the toys, which I bought for £900.

I've been looking at the used car market on gumtree for instance, in the central coast area, and well, I'm so disappointed. I wont be coming over with much money at all, and my immediate priority wil be trying to find a cheap but reasonablly nice car, so i can get to work straight away.

I'd probably have about $2500 to spend on one.

Can anyone guide me on this, I really dont want an 80s car!

cheers

Guest Downunderannie

Hi AdamX

I have recently moved to Central Coast and our first priority was to get a car. Biggest problem was can't get any finance until you've been in the country a while and have proof of an income, so had to buy outright. We know absolutely nothing about cars and "doing them up", so ended up paying $23,500 dollars for a 2009 Nissan XTrial. Good car - reliable, and we went to Central Coast Motors in Gosford (Mann Street). On the brighter side, if you are handy with cars and you're not scared of the unknown, there is a stretch of road between Terrigal and The Entrance which showcases cars for sale along the side every weekend. Again - only recommended if you know what you're doing. The second hand car market here in VERY expensive. Hope this helps - Anne