Honestly..How did you feel in the last weeks?

cartertucker

Guest sh7t man no way

pretty sh7t mate--the old nervous,and excited bit i do not do--just wondered if 2 many eggs where in one basket type of thing-theres so much 2 do,and when the day finally arrives it may seem like your living in a dream world:swoon:thats why research comes into 2 play--best 2 know what your walking into type of thing--it calms you down some what,and the loved ones your leaving--things will be good mate--a couple of deep breaths,and you will be there--all the best from alan:cute:

Guest julietarz
Just wondering how everyone felt in the last weeks you had here in the Uk? :wideeyed:

Hi, we leave in just under 4 weeks and shippers come in just under 2 weeks. I have to say that I am excited, scared and the stress is starting to show! I have been like a mad woman today!

I had a weekend away with some friends last weekend and that made me wobble-first time I have thought to myself that I don't really want to go.

My brother in law has arranged a 'farewell party' for us in 3 weeks time-how we are all going to cope with that I really don't know!

I hope all goes well for you.

Tara

Im due to fly out with with my 2.5 yr old son in 9 days with my husband following at Christmas. I have been up and down like a yoyo, excited in the day and nervous at night. I will be living with the inlaws so wont be on my own and start a job the following week so will meet people, but Im still nervous! When I lay awake in bed at night and question myself if Im doing the right thing I remind myself of the reasons we are doing this and it usually helps. Im sure these are normal feelings, it a massive life changing experience and we would be a bit wierd if we didnt have these feellings.

Guest MADTOM

I felt really sad (and excited) the last week. I kept thinking "this is the last time ..." and "I will never do this again.." I wanted to tell perfect strangers that we were going to Australia. I was constantly writing lists trying to get organised and feeling homesick even before I had left - lols

We left at the end of November last year, straight into summer. I was surprised how quickly we managed with the heat. With regards to leaving, we just couldn't wait to leave. We had an amazing leaving party which was great but sad at the end of the night. That was the Friday and we flew out on the Monday and never looked back. We waited so long for our visa, as a lot of others have, that we just couldn't wait and we are still all loving it 10 months later. You will have a ball. Enjoy xxxx

Timing wise we are in exactly the same place as julietarz. Feeling anxious, excited, sad... it's a crazy mixture. We are now at the stage of 'last' things. Yesterday was our last beer festival in Glasgow (we LOVE Peckhams beer festivals!), hubby's last day at work was Friday, mine is this coming Thursday, my last day working in the Edinburgh office will be Wednesday - that's 2 days of goodbyes for me!

I'm very anxious about finding work and a house - well, the house comes first of course. The horror stories of crowded open viewings are very off-putting and area-wise I just don't know where to start. We'll see what the temp accommodation area (Kedron) is like and take it from there.

We've tended to be in rose-tinted mode - all of a sudden the Glasgow bars we've been half-@rsed about are the best in the world! Our house is so quiet! Our neighbours are great! (ironically the nightmare neighbours a few doors down had their house repossessed just a couple of weeks ago - byeeee!)

And I am telling total strangers we're moving away - both for the sake of chit chat and out of necessity (ending phone contracts etc). I'm also facebook-friending people like crazy to keep in touch. Just bought a nice big notebook in Waterstones to keep my lists in too - that Excel spreadsheet won't always be to hand ;o)

Guest The Pom Queen
Just wondering how everyone felt in the last weeks you had here in the Uk? :wideeyed:

Crap:yes: I kept thinking what a huge mistake we were making and could have easily cancelled the flights and stayed put. Emotions were everywhere:cry:

Does Scotland ever get any sun :eek:
Had the odd 5 minutes here and there in the past week - forecast for Thursday (when I was off work) was 21 degrees and sunny but it was dull and grey most of the day. Rip off.

Apparently St Andrews in Fife is far sunnier on average than most of Scotland. It's certainly been nice every time I've been there!

ETA - I knew I'd heard something about concerns over vitamin D deficiency in Scotland due to the lack of sun http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-11355810

Had the odd 5 minutes here and there in the past week - forecast for Thursday (when I was off work) was 21 degrees and sunny but it was dull and grey most of the day. Rip off.

Apparently St Andrews in Fife is far sunnier on average than most of Scotland. It's certainly been nice every time I've been there!

same here, one or two nice days but nothing to write home about. id honestly go mad if i didnt get my 2 week holiday abroad! st andrews is always nice when i go too, i like it there

Haven't been having a brilliant week tbh and have felt pretty negative/grumpy tbh (won't bore anyone with why!), but watching the kids in the paddling pool in 24 degrees in the sunny UK, things are getting back into perspective again. Have to remind myself that I am so fortunate to have happy, healthy family, a fab hubbie, live in a nice area and don't have to worry about poverty. What more can a person want really (apart from a $2/£ exchange rate that is!!!).

Haven't been having a brilliant week tbh and have felt pretty negative/grumpy tbh (won't bore anyone with why!), but watching the kids in the paddling pool in 24 degrees in the sunny UK, things are getting back into perspective again. Have to remind myself that I am so fortunate to have happy, healthy family, a fab hubbie, live in a nice area and don't have to worry about poverty. What more can a person want really (apart from a $2/£ exchange rate that is!!!).
Today's xe rate is $1.61, keeping an eye out but I think I'll be on the phone to moneycorp quicksharp if it keeps heading north!

Guest Karen and Colin

Hi Kelly, Things have been a bit strange for us lately. We have been out of our house for a few weeks now and living with my parents until we leave on the 6th November. The excitement hasn't kicked in yet. I just feel as if we are waiting around a bit now. I think i have also been hiding a lot of my emotions as I don't want to upset my mum. We had leaving drinks with our old neighbours last night and she got upset and I spent most of the time comforting her it kind of brings you back down to earth. How are you finding things?

Guest Karenphil67

We Leave on 2nd November and I am up and down like you wouldnt believe.

Today is a positive day and I cant wait to go.......Thursday however I was a complete mess. It was my birthday and i realised that it would be the last one here! The last one in my house that i have been in for the last 14 years and it was all a bit to much.

Generally I can not wait to leave but when i think about leaving my friends and family i get a little emotional to say the least.

In saying this I am very thankful to have such wonderful people around me and that is the reason that this is so difficult.

I think that these feelings are completely natural and i just get through by telling myself there is Skype and i can fly back for holidays and hopefully people will visit.

I have wanted to do this for years and i dont want to get to an age where it is no longer possible.

As my grandmother used to say "don't regret the things you do, only the things you don't"

Good Luck and i hope both of our transitions go smoothly.

Karen