You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

The Pom Queen

2 Million Brits never held a job

DAVID Cameron is to unleash a raft of tough measures on the workshy to force them into jobs and break apart Benefits Britain.

The Sun can reveal extra conditions will be imposed on jobseekers before they can claim handouts.

The blitzkrieg has been made possible by a hardening in the national mood after August's riots and the sinking economy, the PM believes.

No10 staff are working on six radical options.

The most hotly-tipped is the scrapping of the 12- week time limit the jobless have to turn down specific offers of work.

Under new rules, only unemployed people with a long record of previous hard work will be allowed time to ponder future job offers.

An even more Draconian plan is to take away the dole completely for anyone who languishes in work clubs for more than six months.

Jobseekers may also have to justify their time daily, with sheets to be issued that they must fill in to qualify for their next handout.

The PM will unveil the proposals at the Conservatives' annual conference opening in Manchester tomorrow.

They are expected to be in either his set-piece speech on Wednesday or Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith's on Monday.

A senior Government source said: "A lot of people are really struggling to find work. But there are also far too many with no intention of getting off their backsides."

Jobseekers' Allowance of up to £67.50 a week is paid out with only basic obligations for recipients in return.

It emerged yesterday that reading a newspaper or getting a haircut qualify as "job-seeking activities".

Claimants take an average of just eight minutes a day seeking work.

Five million Brits are on benefits. An estimated two million have never had a job.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

When Britain was booming back in the late nineties to mid noughties the politicians at the time should have introduced these sort of policies, instead they turned a blind eye to the high level of illegal immigration and the result is what you have today. It was a big mistake and a missed opportunity.

Its a good idea but "who" is going to employ them? I think the gov should be thinking about that.

In the north where my oh family live a lot of families have never worked that said there are no jobs for the trades they were trained in and others have no skills.

There is no answer to it wherever we live there will always be a good proportion of people who will never work and we just have to recognise that.

What the gov and our gov in Aus has to do is not import any more of them :laugh:

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

I

There is no answer to it wherever we live there will always be a good proportion of people who will never work and we just have to recognise that.

:

Thats fine if they don't want to work, but then I don't want my money going to them!!!

My money being all the taxes I paid until my retirement.

The jobseekers allowance (if it is £67.50) is more than I get as my old age pension (I paid a married womans stamp so don't get the full amount)

Grrrr!!

Pam

Guest Andy
DAVID Cameron is to unleash a raft of tough measures on the workshy to force them into jobs and break apart Benefits Britain.

The Sun can reveal extra conditions will be imposed on jobseekers before they can claim handouts.

The blitzkrieg has been made possible by a hardening in the national mood after August's riots and the sinking economy, the PM believes.

No10 staff are working on six radical options.

The most hotly-tipped is the scrapping of the 12- week time limit the jobless have to turn down specific offers of work.

Under new rules, only unemployed people with a long record of previous hard work will be allowed time to ponder future job offers.

An even more Draconian plan is to take away the dole completely for anyone who languishes in work clubs for more than six months.

Jobseekers may also have to justify their time daily, with sheets to be issued that they must fill in to qualify for their next handout.

The PM will unveil the proposals at the Conservatives' annual conference opening in Manchester tomorrow.

They are expected to be in either his set-piece speech on Wednesday or Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith's on Monday.

A senior Government source said: "A lot of people are really struggling to find work. But there are also far too many with no intention of getting off their backsides."

Jobseekers' Allowance of up to £67.50 a week is paid out with only basic obligations for recipients in return.

It emerged yesterday that reading a newspaper or getting a haircut qualify as "job-seeking activities".

Claimants take an average of just eight minutes a day seeking work.

Five million Brits are on benefits. An estimated two million have never had a job.

One of the ways the government could get people back to work is for us to start making things again instead of importing everything, we need to open some mines, build some factories and give people an incentive to get into the job market, previous governments have disregarded this point in favour of buying stuff from abroad or letting British companies employ labour overseas while sitting back and watching previously bouyant and hard working area's of Britain slide into poverty and depression.

I placed an advert in the job centre a while back to fill a chefs position I had vacant. A guy applied and attended the interview and said that he could only work 20 hours a week due to the fact that he would loose his tax credits if he worked anymore than that and with four kids and a wife at home he took home more money by doing 20 hours and claiming the tax credits than working 40hours and not getting the tax credits. This is what is wrong with this country, benefits are there for those who can't work not won't work.

14-03-08 Operation Get Down Researched 23-03-08 Appointed Agent 06-05-08 TRA Application Sent 23-05-08 TRA Passed

04-06-08 Online Visa Application Submitted

What measures will they introduce for the remaining 2.5 million unemployed when the approx 500 thousand "so called"(agency,part-time etc) job vacancies are filled tho?doesnt go does it?,3 mill into 500 thou jobs(i think thats about right vacancy wise?)

The torys are supposedly "backing business now",part of this that an employee will be "barred" from claiming unfair dismisal unless they have been employed 2 yrs instead of the present 1 yr,more erosion of workers rights by the torys,we already have less rights than most of europe.

Lets see if the bastard cameron watches PANORAMA tonite and does something about all the unscrupulous employers diluting workers rights even further by setting up their own agencies and bypassing the new agency regulation laws,wont hold me breath tho.....

Oh and btw its also ok saying somebody should take a job if they are say £50 a week worse off working fulltime,that £50 might be the difference between getting by or not,so principles would go out the window if there was mouths to feed,everything isnt black or white all the time,it might be for some,but for others the reality of day to day life is different

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

well said pablo! i dont agree with people who dont want to work even if they are offered work or some sort of training scheme but theres lots of people who want to work but cant get a job, the works just not here. Everytime one job comes up here hundreds go for it

Guest guest37336

Whilst I wholly agree with sorting this out Kate, each and every case is different, and unless there is sufficient money, staff available I fear this 'net' will penalise those that are truly struggling.

It's ALWAYS those that truly need the help that get short shrift, mainly because they are too busy trying with all their might to keep their heads above water and look after their families.

Cheers Tony.:wink:

It seems to me that the phrase “we are all in this together” means “ we will dish it out and you will soak it up”. How can any government insist that people claiming unemployment benefit are somehow undeserving when at the same time businesses are failing, people are being made redundant, pension ages are rising and youth unemployment increasing?

I thought the days of the Poor Law and workhouses were long gone, but it seems only a matter of time before the old way of doing things is given a new spin and presented as the best way to deal with the ‘undeserving poor’.

Oh and btw its also ok saying somebody should take a job if they are say £50 a week worse off working fulltime,that £50 might be the difference between getting by or not,so principles would go out the window if there was mouths to feed,everything isnt black or white all the time,it might be for some,but for others the reality of day to day life is different

True but am I not right in thinking tax credits were introduced by the last labour government? This guys family was produced in this time and he made it quite clear to me that he used to work full time but it's not worth it now. Do if he managed then he could manage now? I've got employees that have had more children to get bigger council houses and more benefits......I personally think this is quite wrong

14-03-08 Operation Get Down Researched 23-03-08 Appointed Agent 06-05-08 TRA Application Sent 23-05-08 TRA Passed

Guest sh7t man no way

centrelink australia:no:australia is america--try getting help in oz when your having bad times:biglaugh:still living the dream isnt easy:wideeyed:mind you the free food outlets in oz are there for you:jiggy:so alls not that bad

Guest guest37336

I've also heard that many governments in this country over the years have just been awarded the 'Diploma In 'Massaging' The Figures'.:shocked::policeman:

A rumour no doubt and depends on what side of the bed they got out of I reckon.:yes:

Cheers Tony.:cool:

Guest guest37336

I know I bang on about this time again, and whilst I have an 'interest' in politics, I understand little of the economics, and the like.

But all I know that successive governments (well certain personnel anyway) are well and truly not worthy of holding high office. I come at it from a far more 'moralistic' viewpoint.

I could go on about the outright lies told but I would only rant, but there are certain people in power at the moment and in generations gone that have acted no better than lying scheming scum, and one day they WILL be held to account.

Going for a lie down now.:biglaugh::SLEEP:

Cheers Tony.

Guest sh7t man no way
I know I bang on about this time again, and whilst I have an 'interest' in politics, I understand little of the economics, and the like.

But all I know that successive governments (well certain personnel anyway) are well and truly not worthy of holding high office. I come at it from a far more 'moralistic' viewpoint.

I could go on about the outright lies told but I would only rant, but there are certain people in power at the moment and in generations gone that have acted no better than lying scheming scum, and one day they WILL be held to account.

Going for a lie down now.:biglaugh::SLEEP:

Cheers Tony.

:shocked::shocked::shocked:you god dam lefty--and im friends with you on pio--will this affect my poll tax:swoon:there watcing you know mate:wideeyed::wubclub: give us a kiss you old radical you:hug::wink:

Guest guest37336
:shocked::shocked::shocked:you god dam lefty--and im friends with you on pio--will this affect my poll tax:swoon:there watcing you know mate give us a kiss you old radical you

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I like to think I'm middle of the road Alan, but in all honesty mate nothing gets my goat more than lies when in power, and it's not the 'obvious' lies either mate that get to me, they know who they are, well they should do after me emailing them several hundred times about it.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Now if you will excuse me mate, I have to go and oil my 'Kalashnikov' and make sure it's in good working order.:shocked::shocked::policeman::policeman:

Cheers Tony.:cool::cool:

True but am I not right in thinking tax credits were introduced by the last labour government? This guys family was produced in this time and he made it quite clear to me that he used to work full time but it's not worth it now. Do if he managed then he could manage now? I've got employees that have had more children to get bigger council houses and more benefits......I personally think this is quite wrong

Btw,i DONT like scroungers/p7sstakers myself,BUT peoples circumstances change dont they?

I mean this fellah your talking about,he's better off working part-time than fulltime he said/you said?all im saying is that IF thats the case then a lot of people would choose to be at home with the kids and earning more money part-time would'nt they?

That you or others think its wrong probably wouldnt come into it for most people,especially as we've seen what our lowlife,conniving "betters" have been doing re expenses claims etc,and NO, two wrongs dont make a right,but people DO end up saying "balls to it,everyone else is AT IT,why not me",thats just life.

These employees told you they actually HAD more kids to get a bigger council hse?,or they will be getting a bigger council hse because they have had another kid?theres a big difference isnt there?

Also re more benefits for having more kids,i dont know how it works tbh,i just thought they got child allowance for each child,with the rate reducing after 2 is it?

There is failures in the tax credit system tho i would imagine,we've had loads of debates on here about how to get people to see work as more attractive than state dependency,but like i say,theres roughly 500 thousand vacancies(i think?)for nearly 3mill unemployed???these jobs are mostly minimum wage,agency,etc etc,now workers rights are getting eroded further i cant see these jobs looking MORE attractive.

I was reading the DYSON hoover fellah the other day,spouting about how we need to employ more engineers etc,this the same businessman that had a very successfull factory in Wiltshire,British product etc his name was built on,THEN he closed it and reopened in malaysia i think? much wants more,allways has,just like the rich getting richer DESPITE the recession,but us being a nation of sheep believe WE and the benefit fraudsters are to blame for the world banking crisis mess,couldnt script it,tax the banks more:arghh:,but the tories dont want that,instead the right wing press blinds everyone

I tend to concentrate on the 120 to 150 bill going out the country in tax avoidance rather than the 1.5 bill in benefit fraud tbh,maybe the tories could address that first?

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Guest guest37336
:shocked::shocked::shocked:you god dam lefty--and im friends with you on pio--will this affect my poll tax:swoon:there watcing you know mate:wideeyed::wubclub: give us a kiss you old radical you:hug::wink:

I tell you what mate.:idea:

You know when the old bill nick someone for certain offences and they look at their hard drives on their computers, well all I can say is:

'See ya later, nice knowing you'.:policeman::biglaugh::biglaugh::cry:

But seriously, just how do you wipe a hard drive of 'politically' incorrect material, like 'assassination sites', Che Guevara's 'Guerilla Warfare Tips' and 'The Day Of The Jackal' fanzine site.

Cheers Tony.

i just have to ask one thing.... how does getting a haircut qualify as jobseeking? i dont get it

Guest sh7t man no way
I tell you what mate.:idea:

You know when the old bill nick someone for certain offences and they look at their hard drives on their computers, well all I can say is:

'See ya later, nice knowing you'.:policeman::biglaugh::biglaugh::cry:

But seriously, just how do you wipe a hard drive of 'politically' incorrect material, like 'assassination sites', Che Guevara's 'Guerilla Warfare Tips' and 'The Day Of The Jackal' fanzine site.

Cheers Tony.

spooks mate--X files:shocked:you have no chance:no:i use my local library now 2 gather info about them--but they are shutting them down:shocked:gee old george orwell give them 2 many ideas:wink:mite have 2 go underground but them mines are not safe--not much relevant news on that news now:wink:i don't want 2 be paranoid--but it helps:laugh:

Anyway,cba with it anymore,promised meself i wasnt gonna get involved in these "scrounger/political" debates on here again,like i say...i'l concentrate on big business tax avoidance,everyone else can concentrate on what they want,end of.

I look forward to tomorrow tho,and hearing some views on unscrupulous businesses taking advantage of their workers after tonites PANORAMA programme,maybe not tho....:wideeyed::nah:

I agree with most your saying but I just can't help but feel in my experience with a few people that they were working the system to their benefit as I've mentioned and yes I have an employee that has admitted to me that she had another child to better there living standards, this is why i feel it's wrong morally. I also thought that tax credits also paid on child numbers as well? Not a 100% on that as I've never claimed. The guy with the working only 20 hours was quite open with me that why should he work 20 more hours when he can stay at home and get more money. Benefits should be there for those that need it.

As for the tax advoidance it pains me to write those chqs out to HMRC but I do and your right catch them and this will reduce the deficit!

Guest guest37336
i just have to ask one thing.... how does getting a haircut qualify as jobseeking? i dont get it

Your not the only one Stacey.:shocked::biglaugh::biglaugh:

MEIMG_0322.jpg

MEIMG_0322.jpg