how do i ship just a few boxes?

cacoonkitty

Hi guys, i only have about 6 boxes of stuff i want to take with me its all packed ready to be properly packed when needed......but what do i do??..who do use..is it the same as shipping an entire house full?? ...and does t get put in someone elses container to help fill it....im so unsure of how to go about this...and will i be charged tax when i arrive in australia...its juts sntimental stuff really .??...im of to sydney early next year:eek:

We used seven seas for our few boxes,pictures and bike.

Excellant service couldn't fault them!

We've got 6 tea cartons from PSS International Removals at a cost of £249 including delivery & pickup outside the M25. Can't vouch for the service as we're only at the stage of packing our boxes but at least they turned up so that's a start! They provided bubble wrap and packing tape too. They will also ship your own packages but I'd imagine it's more expensive as they'd have to price each item.

Our quote says: "For owner packed goods we can provide export strength cartons and bubble wrap free of charge, this is upon request, however you can also pack your own belonging into your own suitcases, bags etc."

And "Please note that all cartons and packages should be marked with a pen. We do not recommend sticky labels or any types of tied on labels as there is a risk that they can come off. If you do not want your packages permanently marked you can either wrap your package then mark them or we can provide a paint marker which can be removed from most materials with nail polish remover. All

your packages should be securely sealed by the owner of the goods. However any types of locks placed on your packages can be re-opened or broken by customs, quarantine or security personnel for inspection, this is unfortunately out of our control."

And it also excludes "Any duty, taxes, or other government fees such as examinations, ministry of agriculture inspection fees, quarantine treatment/fees, x-ray fees, storage, demurrage or unpacking charges at destination."

Not sure if that helps but the basic answer to your question is yes you can ship your own packed stuff or you can pack it in boxes provided by the company. Most of the companies who ship half and whole containers also offer services for shipping just a few boxes, such as you require. I'd suggest contacting a few for a quote. We obtained quotes from 3 different companies.

Guest suzannah

I used excess baggage to send off 3 tea chest sized boxes. They were ok. Nothing to really say they were GREAT, but the stuff is in Melbourne waiting for us, got there fine.

Hi guys, i only have about 6 boxes of stuff i want to take with me its all packed ready to be properly packed when needed......but what do i do??..who do use..is it the same as shipping an entire house full?? ...and does t get put in someone elses container to help fill it....im so unsure of how to go about this...and will i be charged tax when i arrive in australia...its juts sntimental stuff really .??...im of to sydney early next year:eek:

We shipped our furniture, but found we had 4 boxs of clothes plus other items that we couldnt take on the flight with us. We just used a company like dhl, if you get each box size (length, width and depth) and weight, and look about on-line you will get a good price and probably end up cheaper. We didnt use dhl but cant remember the name of who we did, we shipped 3 large boxs for £150.00 and it was with us in oz in 5 days, you just have to list everything in each box cause customs may open and check. Get pricing via google !!!

We shipped our furniture, but found we had 4 boxs of clothes plus other items that we couldnt take on the flight with us. We just used a company like dhl, if you get each box size (length, width and depth) and weight, and look about on-line you will get a good price and probably end up cheaper. We didnt use dhl but cant remember the name of who we did, we shipped 3 large boxs for £150.00 and it was with us in oz in 5 days, you just have to list everything in each box cause customs may open and check. Get pricing via google !!!

If it reached you within 5 days I'd say it sounds like you sent it air freight, not shipping.

Guest koeiegoei

HI,

WE shipped some 15 boxes to oz and used sevenseas 18 months ago and use them again now for our move back. They supply the boxes, collect them when packed & deliver to your door in Oz. We found the service & communication very good and they had the cheapest quote. You can get an instant quote on their website. You pay a standard price for the first 2 boxes, then AUD 45,- for a bookbox and 90,- for a teachest I believe. Good luck