Guest PhilMilburn

Any advice would be appreciated

Guest PhilMilburn

Hi all

Me and my family have made the decission to make the move to Aus after thinking long and hard for last 6 months or so. I'm an Contracts Manager for a Electrical Contractors in Leeds. We have 3 kids (7, 5 & 2).

We will be looking for a state sponsorship 176 to Vic with possibly coming out on a 456 (I think thats the number :wacko:) afer hopefully completing (in this order) IELTS, Vetassess and finally GAP training.

So far the IELTS is booked for mid October with the Vetassess to follow that (not booked yet).

Any advice on the above would be welcome.

Also, do I need to make contact with anyone to formally request state sponsorship? Or is this something that is simply a case of ticking a box whilst filling out my Visa apllication?

Sorry if this is a bit long winded

Phil

You need to apply for state sponsorship and the state have to have your occupation on their demand list if they are going to grant it. Google the state you are interested in, eg. "western australia migration" and look for the .gov.au URL (http://www.migration.wa.gov.au for example).

Once you have your SS you can apply for your 176 visa.

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

Guest PhilMilburn

So you get the ss approved via the state website before you apply for the 176? (sorry if this seems like I'm asking same question, I just wanted to be sure). I originally thought that when you applied for a 176 it just was passed on to the state for approval (obviously not).

Cheers.

General Electrician (what I'm going to need to apply for) is on Victoria's list. Would I need to do IELTS & Vetassess before applying for state sponsorship?

Afraid the State Sponsorship does need to be done before you can submit your 176 application. We are looking at WA and they seem to come back with-in a few weeks, many as little as 1 week. If you have a look at other threads of people applying to Victoria you will get an idea from their timelines of how long it should take - a migration agent would also be able to advise if you are using one. Good Luck, hope everythng works out for you.

CASA license 3/4/2012.
CASA assesment 2.04.12.
IELTS 8.5 / 7.5 / 8.5 / 9.0 / Overall 8.5 - 13.08.11.
WA SS applied 19.04.12.
WA SS approved 03.05.12.
176 submitted 09.05.12.
176 granted Oct' 12.

So you get the ss approved via the state website before you apply for the 176? (sorry if this seems like I'm asking same question, I just wanted to be sure). I originally thought that when you applied for a 176 it just was passed on to the state for approval (obviously not).

Cheers.

General Electrician (what I'm going to need to apply for) is on Victoria's list. Would I need to do IELTS & Vetassess before applying for state sponsorship?

Yep.

Do your Vetassess & IELTS first, then apply for SS then finally your visa application (with medicals and police checks when you are asked to by DIAC)..........sounds simple eh ! :laugh:

Justin TRA 8/4/11 success 10/5/11, WA SS sent 10/5/11 - approved 16/5/11, 176 lodged 1/6/11, CO 26/6/11, Meds 16/8/11, Finalised 26/8/11, PCC 16/9/11, VISA GRANTED 1/11/11 Arrived in Perth 12/11/2012:ssign19:

Guest PhilMilburn

Ah, should be simple eh? Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it when IELTS and Vetassess out of the way then.