littlem

Shippers have been - pickfords

So far can only say a massive thumbs up to pickfords. From start to finish have been absolutely fantastic. The guys turned up on time, they were happy and very accommodating. Drank loads of tea and squash but worked really hard. At one point yesterday we had 5 guys here packing. Container arrived today and the 3 of them started to load but one of them wasn't happy about the container. So rather than not careing and just packing it to get the job done they unloaded and refused the container. So after lots of wrangling between the haulage company and pickfords the container was sent away. Our insurance isn't with pickfords so they didn't have to do this so hats off to them. They added more work on for themselves and time organising a replacement.

I can't comment on the other end yet but if it's half as good as we've had so far we will be more than happy.

Also for those still to ship it's not that bad, I was really stressed about being organised but didn't need to be. Anything we didnt want shipped either went in the bath or had a note on it, so the only thing that went that shouldn't was a carrier bag full of carrier bags lol!

Great experience well recommended.

Michelle, John, Charlie, Ashley

Visa lodged 27/11/09 C/O 23/3 4/4/11 meds

14/4/11 VISA GRANTED ! Flying 30 November :jiggy:

Glad it went well for you!

Our pack is next week - I think we're organised but the wife is doing her head in (and mine!) stressing about everything.

I think the reality of moving out of our home next week and having to live out of suitcases for 2 months has hit home. I can't say as I'm looking forward to it either, but it's got to be done

Glad you had a great experience, hope everything arrives in one piece

Kate

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Totally get where you are coming from we are here for 2 months and have clothes for summer and winter with 4 suitcases and a couple of rucksacks between the 4 of us.

Good luck next week :)

Michelle, John, Charlie, Ashley

Visa lodged 27/11/09 C/O 23/3 4/4/11 meds

14/4/11 VISA GRANTED ! Flying 30 November :jiggy:

Thanks littem, good to hear as we have Pickfords coming on Monday and Im stressed out as cant think how to organise everything!

Pos Skills Ass 7/2/11, TRA passed 28/3, NT SS applied 29/3, NT SS approved 31/3, 176 Visa lodged 14/4, CO 10/5, PCC's rec 18/5, meds done 27/5, VISA GRANT 6/6:biggrin: