Camp Sites/Vanparks

BritChickx

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 nights ago we stopped at Port Lincoln, in Port Lincoln Caravan Park. It was right by the sea with some great views and is a very big camp site! Facilities excellent (toilet/shower/laundy/bbq area), clean and tidy and the campsite in general looked well maintained. The only downside is that every time you leave or enter the campsite you have to put in a code in boomgates. But I'm sure it's there to stop people sneaking in! Price for powered site is $28, not sure about unpowered! Overall very good. Will edit pics in :)

Guest The Pom Queen
2 nights ago we stopped at Port Lincoln, in Port Lincoln Caravan Park. It was right by the sea with some great views and is a very big camp site! Facilities excellent (toilet/shower/laundy/bbq area), clean and tidy and the campsite in general looked well maintained. The only downside is that every time you leave or enter the campsite you have to put in a code in boomgates. But I'm sure it's there to stop people sneaking in! Price for powered site is $28, not sure about unpowered! Overall very good. Will edit pics in :)

Sounds lovely and a great price.

Guest The Pom Queen
Pictures from Port Lincoln :)

Looks stunning Stacey.

The boys went out and bought a pop up tent today, yes an expensive one not a toy one and they are trying to drag me out camping overnight whilst they do their fossicking or whatever. I have told them I want an air con unit, a double bed and an en suite, so far I have a mat, a battery hand held fan and a BUCKET:cry::frown::no:

Looks stunning Stacey.

The boys went out and bought a pop up tent today, yes an expensive one not a toy one and they are trying to drag me out camping overnight whilst they do their fossicking or whatever. I have told them I want an air con unit, a double bed and an en suite, so far I have a mat, a battery hand held fan and a BUCKET:cry::frown::no:

:laugh: dooo it! Paul's persuading me to do similar things lol, go out camping in the middle of national parks or no where with no toilet/shower or anything!!! :no:

Guest The Pom Queen
:laugh: dooo it! Paul's persuading me to do similar things lol, go out camping in the middle of national parks or no where with no toilet/shower or anything!!! :no:

I would melt, I would stink and I would ache all over, now where is the pleasure in that:chatterbox::laugh:

Whilst we were in the Flinders Rangers, we stayed at Flinders Rangers Caravan Park, in Hawker. It's 60 odd k's from Wilpena, which is the headquarters of the park. We stayed for 3 nights and had no problems, except one! The smell! During the evening for some bizarre reason there would be a sewer smell wafting in the air! We don't know if it was just near our tent or the whole camping area, as we never enquired about it. But other than that the campsite was clean, tidy with excellent facilities and fairly quiet in the evenings. Powered sites $24 a night, not sure about unpowered prices and there are also some vans/cabins that start from $45 a night. Here are some pictures.

DSCN1404 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1403 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1547 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1549 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1551 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1404 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1403 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1547 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1549 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1551 (800x600).jpg

After the Flinders Rangers we headed to Waikerie, SA for work and stayed in Waikerie Caravan Park (which is the only one in town) and it was a pretty decent park! Had swimming pool with an open camp kitchen next to it with all the cooking facilities you need, as well as a fridge and a TV. Bathrooms/laundy room was clean and tidy, 6 showers and 6 toilets (in the ladies at least). Fairly big camp site, there's cabins, powered/unpowered sites BUT there seem to be quite a few permanants staying there, which might make it harder to get into a cabin! Had one incident where there was a lot of noise during one night but was a one off, we think some people came back from a wedding! But other than that there was no trouble. The town is small and quiet and in Paul's terms, a lot of Bogans hanging about :P. Nothing to see except the Murray river! But that's just our take on it. Here are some pictures.

DSCN1574 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1575 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1576 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1577 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1578 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1574 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1575 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1576 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1577 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1578 (800x600).jpg

Adelaide Caravan Park-

We stopped here for a few nights this week. Top Tourist Park. Only 2kms from the city centre (the nearest park to the CBD). Friendly staff, clean and tidy and lots of facilities such as swimming pool, camp kitchen, Internet room with one computer, seperate TV room and plenty of cabins and powered/unpowered sites. We stayed in a powered site for $38 a night. No problems at all, no noise or fuss, enjoyed our stay here. Here are some pictures :)

DSCN1803800x600.jpg

DSCN1807800x600.jpg

DSCN1805800x600.jpg

DSCN1808800x600.jpg

DSCN1806800x600.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen
ahh I'm jealous you're in Cairns. QLD is the one state I'm desperate to see!

Just don't arrive in the wet. March - November is the best time.:wubclub:

Guest The Pom Queen
We're off tomorrow (don't know where yet, possibly Maytown) so will post on the thread. To the untrained eye, the photo of the campsite I'll upload will probably look like a barren patch of land in the middle of the unknown :eek: :laugh:

It better have a toilet and shower:unsure:

Guest The Pom Queen
Hmm we're probably gonna be there in the wet lol. We don't care though we like storms :)

When are you thinking of getting up this end?

God I don't know. We want to work for 2 or 3 months in either SA, Vic or NSW and then work our way up. So probably around Feb-March time

North Queensland? Feb-March:nah:

Might be smarter to make it March-April:cool:

Guest The Pom Queen
Are you 2 travelling at the moment then? Have you ever travelled Oz or did you move straight to Melbourne before Cairns?

No travelling as such just day trips in the 4 x 4, but this time we are camping out, roughing it, gulp. Never camped in my life, well not in a tent I'm use to the camper vans:wubclub:

Am I the only one posting on here lol

We'll be taking up the mantle sometime in March probably when we set off on our adventure - 100 thanks for the Adelaide camping park site photos I can't believe how clean and lovely it looks! I was expecting cobwebs in the long drops at every place we were going to have to stop lol! :chatterbox: