100 reasons why not to move to Australia

hia

Have read some of this thread and my belief is that as you are looking for the negatives, obviously you would not enjoy living here at all.

We can find negatives in everything and everywhere but some of us like to look on the bright side of life.

the funny thing is its not even her thats moving.. its her sister apparently

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THERE IS OT A HUGE DIFFERENCE ...

I have been observing people's replies here on this thread and hav seen how very harsh people here can be with someone..However for the matter of fact, that is i am not doing any persona attacks like people here, im not offending anyone , (sorry if i did, though) .The purpose was to have a clear understanding of the picture coz for a moment i thought pomsinoz has helpful people in any of the other forums...

leptokurtic: Are u reay a Karachite???? I doubt that.You should've been WAYYYYYY more hepful to other pakistanis here than you are at the moment, but i guess u donot have time as u are busy taunting and insulting people for no good...

Well , no offense people, im happy that i got various views from everyone and could get to see people's patience n al,,,

My sister is a working lady, she has to take carre of husband kids home other famly members..so its very unusual that she spends time on the internet...

hope that makes some difference in ur thot athough i was not intending to do soo..

okay fair enough i understand. but can you see how you were starting to offend people a little bit?

Guest guest59177
THERE IS OT A HUGE DIFFERENCE ...

I have been observing people's replies here on this thread and hav seen how very harsh people here can be with someone..However for the matter of fact, that is i am not doing any persona attacks like people here, im not offending anyone , (sorry if i did, though) .The purpose was to have a clear understanding of the picture coz for a moment i thought pomsinoz has helpful people in any of the other forums...

leptokurtic: Are u reay a Karachite???? I doubt that.You should've been WAYYYYYY more hepful to other pakistanis here than you are at the moment, but i guess u donot have time as u are busy taunting and insulting people for no good...

Well , no offense people, im happy that i got various views from everyone and could get to see people's patience n al,,,

My sister is a working lady, she has to take carre of husband kids home other famly members..so its very unusual that she spends time on the internet...

hope that makes some difference in ur thot athough i was not intending to do soo..

That's another thing you will find peculiar about Australians. They will give their thoughts on anything and everything without the slightest hesitation and minus any euphemisms. I suppose that can be one more reason for you to NOT got to Australia.

And the very next reason to NOT go to Australia as a permanent resident is that people don't take very kindly if people try to fragment society by invoking fealty to places of origin or try to band together along ethnic/linguistic lines. That was in very bad taste. Me being whatever doesn't make any difference. Take it from me. People have been funny, frank, and friendly to you. That's all.

Coming back to the topic, whts ur opinion abt OZ?

Why dont you go visit the counrty and make your own opinion!! Since nobody's opinion on here is good enough for you to comprehend!!

People are trying to help you, but you want everyone else to give you the answers and not do the research yourself.

But as you said in a previous thread you dont want links to sites as you've seen them all!!

This is not funny as you people cannot understand our culture, it depends!! leptokurtic May understand what i mean thou..

this worries me, does your relative intend to go to australia and not embrace their culture?

one of the major things that puts me off the uk is the way communities have been allowed to segregate themselves from the rest of the country. its extremely corrosive to a culture.

australia is sold as a truly multicultural country i so hope it is!

(this is not, and i am not in anyway racist. this is a personal view and observation)

Guest NeilanGemz

My Opinion on Oz is you really just don't know what it is going to be like until you actually get there. I would prefer to get to retirement age and look back and say 'at least I gave it a go' than to be thinking 'what if?' every day of my life.

Yes maybe Oz won't be for you but it could also be everything you are hoping it will be. 1 mans treasure is another mans poison.

From what I gather the cost of living is a lot more, but so are the wages, in my opinion it compares very much with the cost of living in the UK, if it wasn't possible to afford to live in Australia then the economy there would be Shot, and I've not heard of any problems in Oz like there are in USA and the UK.

Hope this helps

Neil

Coming back to the topic, whts ur opinion abt OZ?

My opinion?

For what its worth i came here to pursue a career i was unable to continue in UK, not for any dreamy fantasy about some mythical lifestyle. Having never been here before, i spent over 18 months conducting research whilst waiting for a job offer to firm up.

When we finally arrived i was pleasantly surprised to find that most things were just as i had expected.

A few differences, the English language is the same but with subtle and quite important differences. As a society i find Australians are very regulated and awash in beaurocracy and mindless paperwork.

Australia is generally a nice place, Aussies are generally good people. People smile and say hello to complete strangers but they are actually quite shy and reserved when it comes to making friends. There is a real attitude of 'giving you a fair go' even if most people don't realise they are doing it, if you give as good as you get you'll be doing fine.

Financially we are better off then we ever were in UK, thats not entirely down to our current situation, but it certainly plays its part.

And we miss our family who are still in the UK, and work is hugely frustrating, and bananas are a ridiculous price, but actually, in my humble opinion, i quite like it here thanks

My opinion?

For what its worth i came here to pursue a career i was unable to continue in UK, not for any dreamy fantasy about some mythical lifestyle. Having never been here before, i spent over 18 months conducting research whilst waiting for a job offer to firm up.

When we finally arrived i was pleasantly surprised to find that most things were just as i had expected.

A few differences, the English language is the same but with subtle and quite important differences. As a society i find Australians are very regulated and awash in beaurocracy and mindless paperwork.

Australia is generally a nice place, Aussies are generally good people. People

smile and say hello to complete strangers but they are actually quite shy and

reserved when it comes to making friends. There is a real attitude of 'giving

you a fair go' even if most people don't realise they are doing it, if you give as

good as you get you'll be doing fine.

Financially we are better off then we ever were in UK, thats not entirely down to our current situation, but it certainly plays its part.

And we miss our family who are still in the UK, and work is hugely frustrating, and bananas are a ridiculous price, but actually, in my humble opinion, i quite like it here thanks

Yay what a good honest quote, let's see if this one gets shot down!

cant shoot it down, shame about the paperwork thing, i guess thats just life in a western culture eh?

man up and carry on! :huh:

Sorry by the OP I mean, this person doesn't seem to want to take on board anything anyone says so is there a point?everyone's going around in circles and we don't have to be from any particular culture to understand that.

I have only lived in Sydney and Darwin but have travelled extensively,the only areas left to explore are WA and Tasmania.

I have walked/driven through whole suburbs where I was definately in the minority.Some areas I felt safe some I could not get out of quick enough.

I have visited schools ( teaching 1st aid ) where there were no Australians and the 1st language spoken was not English.

I am the only English person in a team of 50+ where I work.

Does it bother me ? No of course it does not.However I have witnessed team members leave because of the cultural diversity.

I read post after post about complaints of people STILL in the UK complaing about immigrants.You are not going to escape it by moving to Oz.This country is an amazing mix of cultures yes we have mosques,temples churches for evey religion.Yes they are allowed to celebrate their Holy Days,festivals etc .Embrace it and you might be surprised at what you will learn.

I have only lived in Sydney and Darwin but have travelled extensively,the only areas left to explore are WA and Tasmania.

I have walked/driven through whole suburbs where I was definately in the minority.Some areas I felt safe some I could not get out of quick enough.

I have visited schools ( teaching 1st aid ) where there were no Australians and the 1st language spoken was not English.

I am the only English person in a team of 50+ where I work.

Does it bother me ? No of course it does not.However I have witnessed team members leave because of the cultural diversity.

I read post after post about complaints of people STILL in the UK complaing about immigrants.You are not going to escape it by moving to Oz.This country is an amazing mix of cultures yes we have mosques,temples churches for evey religion.Yes they are allowed to celebrate their Holy Days,festivals etc .Embrace it and you might be surprised at what you will learn.

Being oooop North has turned you into a big soft hippy Janine:cool:

:hug:

Reference the paperwork thing i mentioned earlier....

Not sure if in UK the paperwork was there but i just didnt notice it, but so much here seems to depend on one department having the right bit of paper from another department and woe betide anyone who doesnt follow the correct procedures to acheive anything. :mad:

When i mention it to Aussie friends and colleagues they just look at me uncomprehendingly :huh:because that is the way things are, always have been and always will be.

Just one of those subtle differences.