100 reasons why not to move to Australia

hia

Hey hia!!! If you're still reading this, take a look here for 100 reasons to go to Australia:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-chat-dilemmas/128568-colored-tv-australia-yet.html

Goshhhhhhhhhh!! I'M LUVIN' IT ALREADY!!!!!! YEAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will show you how modern Australia really is and how backward and ancient the rest of the world is. I mean, at least they've dunnies in Australia, for crying out loud!!!!!!!! A friend of mine told me that in America they just 'excuse' themselves to a side of the track and let go :elvis: :eek: :err:

Funny you say that about Americans. One of my songs has a line that says "got indoor plumbing, I still piss in the yard".

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you say that about Americans. One of my songs has a line that says "got indoor plumbing, I still piss in the yard".

Maybe you could come up with one featuring the thread title? 'Those good ole Aussie boys told me 100 reasons not to come to New South Wales (but I got me 1,000 better ones for leaving New Mexico.) It's only three months to Tamworth too.

Guest guest59177

:eek: :err: Hey wait a second!!!! Did you just say "One of my songs..."??? As in, written by you and sung by you? As in, you are a singer??? :eek: :err:

:eek: :err: Hey wait a second!!!! Did you just say "One of my songs..."??? As in, written by you and sung by you? As in, you are a singer??? :eek: :err:

Yup...singer/songwriter. Already have a little network of musicians in Sydney to jump into the scene right away after landing.

Maybe you could come up with one featuring the thread title? 'Those good ole Aussie boys told me 100 reasons not to come to New South Wales (but I got me 1,000 better ones for leaving New Mexico.) It's only three months to Tamworth too.

Not a bad idea at all.

Definitely going to hit Tamworth.... Oz version of Nashville.

Guest guest59177
Yup...singer/songwriter. Already have a little network of musicians in Sydney to jump into the scene right away after landing.

Just kiddin':

Well tell me when you become a BIG TIME multi-billionaire kinda' singer 'kay?? So I can find some 'scuse ter sue you and get a couple million meself

HEY!!! The title of this thread reads '100 reasons why not to move to Australia'!!!!

Just kiddin':

Well tell me when you become a BIG TIME multi-billionaire kinda' singer 'kay?? So I can find some 'scuse ter sue you and get a couple million meself

HEY!!! The title of this thread reads '100 reasons why not to move to Australia'!!!!

Got me a music attorney to save me from that. ;-)

Not a bad idea at all.

Definitely going to hit Tamworth.... Oz version of Nashville.

I've never been, thought my brother might go one year I'm always interested in reading where the inspiration for songs comes from - a three minute story set to music? I know they are not the same as poetry but they usually have rhyming lines (not that all poetry has.) I'm always on at my brother to write a song about his personal experiences. I guess that's why songs like 'I Am - I Said' and 'Cats in the Cradle' move me!

Neil Diamond and Harry Chapin. I listened to the Chapin album with Cats on vinyl two days ago.

Ashamed to say I only know two songs by Harry Chapin - W.O.L.D. is the other - that's a sad one too? The radio never play it here although the do Cats In The Cradle all the time, sometimes that other version - ?Ugly Kid Joe?

I've got plenty of vinyl but I think I need a new stylus for my record player. There's a cool shop up on Crown St, just past the Trinity Bar - sell lots of obscure CD's, Vinyl, Books, DVD. I might ask in there as they sell a bit of HI-FI too. They contstantly change their window dressing so I always stop for a look. I think they have Exile on Main St, Dark Side of the Moon & a Hawkwind all on vinyl in the window now.

You win!!

We'll be there in 18.

PR 175 visa, Penrith NSW. (Because they will be the answers to the next questions you would ask!!)

Hehe....correct they would be.

Sydney for us. 457 for two years then employee sponsored PR......457 first to get there fast.

I was just thinking about The Osmonds (I know, I should be ashamed - be VERY ashamed - but an article in The Australian '(Mitt) Romney Lashed On Mormon Beliefs.'), made me think about them.

It does SORT of tie in with the title of this thread - 'Love AUSTRALIA for a Reason (And Let That Reason Be Love!') I suppose, strictly speaking, it should be 'hate' as the thread is supposed to be about NOT coming here, but who wants to be hater of anything - even spiders?)

I must admit to rather liking that song 'Crazy Horses' and Donny always sounds pretty witty when I have heard him interviewed but don't mention 'Little' Jimmy!