4 Wheel Drives Australia

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Ok, ok we finally did it, we bit the bullet and bought a cheap run around, it is a long story but whilst we were in Charters Towers we got talking to an old guy (80 years old) his poor wife has been over in Townsville Hospital for the last 3 years and will probably never get home:cry: Anyhow he was selling his 4 x 4 so he could buy a cheap little car to get him from Charters to Townsville on a regular basis. He was a lovely guy, so sweet that I didn't even barter, now for anyone who knows me that is something that never happens lol.

In fact I would have probably thrown the money at him and walked away without the car I felt so sad.

So there we have it we are now the proud owners of a 97 Pajero, now I know it's not a Patrol or a Landcruiser but for now it will have to do and we are pretty happy with it, I may be saying different if it breaks down.

Now being new to the 4wd scene I have one main question.......

"How the hell do you get in to the passenger seat whilst trying to be lady like?" My first attempt saw me face down on the drivers seat with my arse in the air, the 2nd I missed completely and fell on the floor:wideeyed:

Guest Guest16631

.......................congratulations........................a lovely car !! OH had one,then got rid as I had too many.................mishaps!.......................usually they have side steps......................if not you can have some put on..........................then step up........................hold grab /hs handle and swing bottom on to seat...............!!.................good luck..................!!

Guest The Pom Queen
.......................congratulations........................a lovely car !! OH had one,then got rid as I had too many.................mishaps!.......................usually they have side steps......................if not you can have some put on..........................then step up........................hold grab /hs handle and swing bottom on to seat...............!!.................good luck..................!!

It sounds so easy doesn't it, but trying to put it in to practise is another thing altogether:wub:

Guest The Pom Queen
Surely if you posted some pics of your current technique, we'd all be better placed to give appropriate advice on just what you are doing wrong

:wink:

I couldn't do that it would be X Rated:embarrassed::embarrassed:

As my dear other half has indicated, went out for our first drive earlier (nothing taxing first out). For those that know the area, we went up Kuranda Range, then onto BlackMountain Road for about 50km to the other end near Mossman, before dropping down onto the Captain Cook highway and back down the coast, stopping off for a bite to eat at Ellis Beach. Some pics below.

trip0.jpg

trip1.jpg

trip2.jpg

trip3.jpg

trip4.jpg

trip5.jpg

trip6.jpg

Guest The Pom Queen
yep :jiggy:

Ok I didn't get a photo at the time, but go on I'll take a photo and give you a flash of me and my knickers, just let me get the camera:tongue:

Guest The Pom Queen
Ok I didn't get a photo at the time, but go on I'll take a photo and give you a flash of me and my knickers, just let me get the camera:tongue:

Ok here we are especially for you

grandma.jpg

you really really really don't know what terrifying memories that brings back of my mother in law :happy_face_vampire_

ok, off to therapy now:twitcy:

when i say therapy i actually mean red wine:fish:

Incidentally, that stretch of the Captain Cook Highway from Port Douglas to Ellis Beach is amazing:cool:

Guest The Pom Queen

Incidentally, that stretch of the Captain Cook Highway from Port Douglas to Ellis Beach is amazing:cool:

It certainly is, it beats the Great Ocean Road in Melbourne hands down.

Guest The Pom Queen
What is it with these birds and BIG motors. :tongue:

Do you think they are trying to make up for something that their missing?:wubclub:

:nah:

Nice pants by the way. :wub:

I just wanted to go where no man has been before and I couldn't do that in my Hyundai:jiggy:

Guest The Pom Queen
Good on you Kate, wouldn't mind a 4WD myself (greyhounds do not fit into Corollas as I found out) LOL. Nice pics.

Have you got a greyhound now??

Well don't worry when you come up here we can go bush lol x

Have you got a greyhound now??

Well don't worry when you come up here we can go bush lol x

I haven't got one right now Kate, but I have had them intermittently for foster caring until they find a new home. One big boy greyhound I had liked to have his head out one side of the car window and his tail out the other side window. I think 4WD's are good so that the fur-kids can sit in the back part and look out the window. My frequent flyer points are adding up to a return trip to Qld by the way !