Good areas in north Brisbane

the coyne family

Hi, we are currently living near Coffs Harbour in NSW. My OH has an interview for a job based in Albion Brisbane. Not counting my chickens or anything but I've been looking at suburbs in north Brisbane places like Redcliff, Mango hill, North lakes and Burpengary its very hard to tell the good from the bad looking on the net so I'd really appreciate any advice

I really like the look of Burpengary it looks really nice.

Can anyone recommend some good suburbs with good public schools we are a family of 5 looking to spend about $350-$450 in rent.

Top of the wish list would be firstly he will get the job :wink:, a large back garden and no more than 30 minutes to the beach.

Thanks.

Some of those surburbs you have mentioned do sound really nice from the research I've done so far. Redcliffe and Mango Hills are ones that are mentioned a lot on here. North Lakes seems to get very mixed reviews with some loving it and some not.

We have been looking into things a bit recently. I was surprised to see that Queensland schools do pretty poorly (NAPLAN results) in comparison with other states especially NSW and Victoria. So it would be worth doing some research.

I often see schools praised on forums but have a look at myschool website and find they are very far below the national averages. I know results aren't everything but it's important to know they have a fair chance of achieving.

Somewhere I found that had good schools and good rental prices was Narangba. The downside is there is an industrial estate nearby that seems to be prone to bad chemical fires. So not sure if it's a great place or not.

It's not easy is it?!

Guest Janeloz

Hi. We live in Narangba, next suburb over from Burpengary and love it here. We pay $450 to rent our house which has 4 bedrooms and a pool but there are plenty of places within your budget. Both my boys go to Narangba Valley State High and I have been very pleased with the school and the results that they get. Good luck with your decision making...

Jane

Some of those surburbs you have mentioned do sound really nice from the research I've done so far. Redcliffe and Mango Hills are ones that are mentioned a lot on here. North Lakes seems to get very mixed reviews with some loving it and some not.

We have been looking into things a bit recently. I was surprised to see that Queensland schools do pretty poorly (NAPLAN results) in comparison with other states especially NSW and Victoria. So it would be worth doing some research.

I often see schools praised on forums but have a look at myschool website and find they are very far below the national averages. I know results aren't everything but it's important to know they have a fair chance of achieving.

Somewhere I found that had good schools and good rental prices was Narangba. The downside is there is an industrial estate nearby that seems to be prone to bad chemical fires. So not sure if it's a great place or not.

It's not easy is it?!

Just keep in mind they are Qld wide NAPLAN averages not Brisbane.

We lived in Castle Hill, Sydney up until June this year when we moved to North Lakes and we love it, you can easily get a 4 bed for around $400 a week in North Lakes schools are great, family orientated atmosphere, 12 mins drive to Petrie station, free parking then 37mins into the CBD if you need to commute and only 10 mins to Redcliffe, Scarborough etc, less than an hour upto Sunshine Coast very happy here