Guest51810

RIP Hope the bear

I dont know if anybody can remember me mentioning them a few weeks ago or if anybodys saw them on tv/internet but theres a family of bears that have been on tv, The mother is called Lily and her cub is called Hope. Researchers have been following them in minesota and we've watched hope grow up. Theres a few bears that have radio collars on them so the researches can track them etc. Sadly theres news that a hunter has killed Hope :cry: very upsetting for everyone who watched her grow up, you couldnt help but grow attached.

anyway the non animal lovers on here will probably think im nuts for posting this lol but just thought id mention it and see if anybody else has watched the program or knows of them

No sorry, but very sad - when will man leave nature alone? grrr

Moved on a 179 PR visa Feb 2012; Citizenship granted Jan 2016. Settled in Adelaide. Loving it and feel like everyday is paradise compared to life in the UK.

Guest guest37336
No sorry, but very sad - when will man leave nature alone? grrr

Hi Pixie.

In answer to your question, when nature stops 'getting in the way' of mankind,:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Makes you mad doesn't it.:realmad::realmad:

Cheers Tony.

He wasnt meant to touch a bear with a collar but unfortunately she didnt have it on because she didnt like it. I'll never understand hunting thats not to survive, she was a very small bear so not much different than shooting a cub, how cruel. On lilys facebook page theres hundreds of comments, its amazing to see how famous the whole family is

Guest guest37336
I dont know if anybody can remember me mentioning them a few weeks ago or if anybodys saw them on tv/internet but theres a family of bears that have been on tv, The mother is called Lily and her cub is called Hope. Researchers have been following them in minesota and we've watched hope grow up. Theres a few bears that have radio collars on them so the researches can track them etc. Sadly theres news that a hunter has killed Hope :cry: very upsetting for everyone who watched her grow up, you couldnt help but grow attached.

anyway the non animal lovers on here will probably think im nuts for posting this lol but just thought id mention it and see if anybody else has watched the program or knows of them

Never mind Stacey.

For every moron there is 'normally' someone out there who does their best to keep extraordinary creatures happy and well, have a look at the clip, and if like me (soft as) it will bring a tear to the eye.

[YOUTUBE]FZ-bJFVJ2P0[/YOUTUBE]

Guest guest37336

And just occasionally Stacey the animals bite back. However I fear the Lion in this clip was 'despatched' soon enough.:mad:

I would have paid good money to see the Lion win.:yes::yes::yes: And I mean every word of that.:jiggy:

[YOUTUBE]HgU6fVzNkoQ[/YOUTUBE]

Never mind Stacey.

For every moron there is 'normally' someone out there who does their best to keep extraordinary creatures happy and well, have a look at the clip, and if like me (soft as) it will bring a tear to the eye.

[YOUTUBE]FZ-bJFVJ2P0[/YOUTUBE]

That bought more than a tear to my eye! I had to get tissues.... very touching xxx

176 Family Visa GSM. Visa Granted 01/11/2011 Validated Visa Feb 2012

In order to stand out from the flock one must first be a sheep

I'll have to watch it when im on my computer sorry, but it'll probably upset me. Already cried after i heard about hope. I know natures cruel but its especially cruel in this case, she was seperated from mum when she was liTtle ( not sure how old ) so had to survive herself, then eventually they were reunited and she was accepted back like theyd never been away from each other.

Shes probably more famous than pooh bear lol. Ill see if i can post a link or video of her, she was beautigul

So sad. I really don't understand the mentality of these people.

Liz x

Warren, Liz, Paige 18 & Ethan 15

TRA Aug 2007, 175 lodged 14/02/08 WA SS applied for 4/06/09, WA SS approval 7/10/09 CO allocated 27/7/10 PCs 9/9/10 Meds 27/9/10 VISA GRANTED 4 Nov 2010 WA 2/4/11 Citizenship ceremony 30/11/16

Me either, the worst thing is the researchers and the hunters have a sort of relationship so the hunters know not to shoot collared bears and knew about hopes family but still shot a tiny bear matching her description. Then he waited at least a week to tell anybody he had done it even tho he knew half the world was wondering where she is, he'll be in her freezer if hes not already ate her :(

Very sad, I remember watching the program and feeling sad when Lily and Hope got separated then overjoyed when they found each other. Died in the wild I can understand but to be killed by a hunter I just don't get it.

So what if I can't spell Armagedon ? It's not the end of the world.

I felt the exact same, it was so rare for them to find each other again and also for her to be accepted, it was like fate. its just sad for it to end this way. hunters shouldnt be allowed to use bait centres, its crazy

We tend to forget that we are encroaching more and more into wild animals environment. Hunting for food I can understand to a certain degree, but I agree using bait traps/ centres is totally wrong.

yeah i can understand hunting for food or killing to stop overpopulation but the hunter just killed hope as a trophy, i dont understand why he would ever want to kill a bear that was so small, she was tiny :(

Not sure how big she was compared to when the program was made but hardly big enough to be considered a trophy I image and anyway what a trophy ! Look folks I shot a baby bear ! Not sure if I agree with you Stacey about killing to stop overpopulation when we are the ones overpopulating the planet.