Dogs in perth

Guest whelanfamily

Guest whelanfamily

Hi all, ive applied to emigrate to perth. I have 3 dogs, and i believe i can only take 2 dogs. I have to heartwrenchingly pick one dog to leave here. Can anyone tell me how the dogs cope with the heat etc there as one of my dogs gets quite warm here, but she is the kids fave dog, so really want to take her.

Also, can anyone recommend any pet shippers that have been used and how the dog went on on the flight etc,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ,

Many thanks

Claire:biggrin:

Each council makes up its own rules so you will probably find that there are areas where you can keep more than 2 dogs. There are areas near to Perth city which are quite countryfied with people keeping sheep etc so dont see dogs being an issue there - also you can often apply to keep more than the 2.

So if 3 are your family then 3 must go - sure it limits the areas but just as you would need to ensure that an area you choose has schooling and other facilities important to you choosing an area which is dog friendly will be your requirement.

Guest Chester48

Brit in Oz been here over 30 years have run companion animal rescue groups during this time and still do, Believe me Oz not pet friendly, ridiculous restrictive rules, dogs banned most public areas, pets seen as 'nuisance' dog and cat Act (laws) in most states, power hungry rangers, horrendous pounds where found dogs/cats are taken and kill after holding time of ONLY 3days NSW 7 days, pet owners who just take pet to pound/shelter when moving or inconvenient. Many Brits are shocked at treatment to animals & many brits end up doing rescue. Sun and sand is lovely but not when you see so many animals abused everywhere you go! we are moving back to UK for some peace at last.