register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

reza

Security Checks for applicants been in more than one HR country

Hi

I am a HR country applicant and got my CO in Dec 2010. My application is undergoing security checks and still not completed.

I was born and lived for around 26 years in Iran and completed my studies in Iran as well and never worked in Iran.

I started my careers in UAE around 7 years ago and am residing in UAE at present on working resident visa.

My question is :

Is my security checks conducted for Iran only or it will be conducted for UAE as well?

If it is conducted for both countries then is it done at the same time for both or security checks for the second country starts once the security checks for the first country is completed ?

Based on statistics, security checks for Iranians is taking 12 to 15 months at present and I am worried about my application as I have been living in more than one HR country.

I appreciate any advice in advance

Regards

REZA

Reza & Zahra,EA Assessment 21 APR 10,SS 18 Aug 10,176 lodged 01 Sep 2010, Co 15 Dec 2010, PCC and Meds call 11 OCT 2011, Visa Granted 07 Nov 2011, Aussie Citizen 19-Sep-2016:arghh:

Hi

I am a HR country applicant and got my CO in Dec 2010. My application is undergoing security checks and still not completed.

I was born and lived for around 26 years in Iran and completed my studies in Iran as well and never worked in Iran.

I started my careers in UAE around 7 years ago and am residing in UAE at present on working resident visa.

My question is :

Is my security checks conducted for Iran only or it will be conducted for UAE as well?

If it is conducted for both countries then is it done at the same time for both or security checks for the second country starts once the security checks for the first country is completed ?

Based on statistics, security checks for Iranians is taking 12 to 15 months at present and I am worried about my application as I have been living in more than one HR country.

I appreciate any advice in advance

Regards

REZA

Dear Reza

I was in the same situation and they took 16 months for external checks so keep praying inshallah you will hear soon. i understand it is very difficult to stay in confused state for so long but end of the day you will inshallah get it.

Dear Reza

I was in the same situation and they took 16 months for external checks so keep praying inshallah you will hear soon. i understand it is very difficult to stay in confused state for so long but end of the day you will inshallah get it.

It is terrible. I truly cannot stand this bloody waiting anymore. Where is your second residing country ?

Reza & Zahra,EA Assessment 21 APR 10,SS 18 Aug 10,176 lodged 01 Sep 2010, Co 15 Dec 2010, PCC and Meds call 11 OCT 2011, Visa Granted 07 Nov 2011, Aussie Citizen 19-Sep-2016:arghh:

It is terrible. I truly cannot stand this bloody waiting anymore. Where is your second residing country ?

Pak and Uk just forget about it for some time and it will arrive inshallah

Guest guest59177

I think this is just an urban myth that 'security checks happen for a country' and that they contact relevant authorities in the country. The official 'mark of approval' from any given country is the PCC which effectively means that the country in question has no problems with the individual going to Australia and he does not need to answer any questions in any courts.

DISCLAIMER: The following are just my gut feelings and theories. They can be completely wrong so please feel free to correct me wherever you feel like it. All feedback and constructive criticism is welcome!!!

During the 'security checks', I think they simply consult terrorism databases to see if you are there. If something gets flagged then they might go for a deeper look. But I think that for most people, the majority of time is spent simply idling around in their stupid backlog. Once you get to the front of the queue, if a lot of time has been spent since you submitted your Form 80, the CO asks you to re-submit it. After that it usually takes a month or so. So if you are not involved in any illegal terrorist activities, there is NO REASON AT ALL to be concerned!!!

The only problem is the inordinate amount of time it takes. Most of us are fed up with the suffocating environment where we are currently living. Some have really dreadful and miserable circumstances and the long wait feels like insult added to injury. But where you have valiantly put up with the adversity for so long, you need to show the stuff you are made up of and hang on for some time more. Sooner than you think you will have the visa and then you can be on your way to fulfill your dreams. Maybe you will look back from your aeroplane window and a small whiff of pity will pass through your heart at the plight of those unfortunate ones who are left behind and are unable to escape. Those who don't have enough points to apply, or enough money to apply, or not in good share healthwise. And maybe you will realise the bounties of Allah upon you and give a prayer of thanks...