Partner Visa Help with proof of relationship

Guest bdmetalmulisha

Guest bdmetalmulisha

Hey guys. First id like to thank everyone so far with their help. Finally got our documents together and sent away for the Visa. Unfortunately we need to send in more information.

Basically my partner and i have been living together for over a year 6 12 months in oz and 3 months now in the UK. we have been living with our parents at their homes as a means to save money for a house deposit. The problem with this is that we don't have and rental or utility bills in our name. all we have with the same address is bank accounts. we have a joint bank account and personal accounts with the same address.

Any ideas on what else we could send in or if the bank statements will be enough if we print them off for the past year.

Secondly quick question about certifying documents. We had it done by a police officer to be informed that its incorrect for them to do so. We are now going to have a solicitor to do it. I have an uncle that is one and it would be quickest it he could sign it but am i correct to say that family cant certify them? will i be best off getting someone from his firm to do them.

Thanks for your help

Hey. We've also had a request for further evidence. Generally, we've kept most things financially seperate so have found it a little difficult. We've now sorted itemised phone bills, bank statements, copies of birthday/anniversary/xmas cards, copies of insurance docs for cars and pets we both maintain and copies of installments for a new mattress. Hoping the 'every little helps' approach works! Such a faff!!

Not sure if this helps at all but nice to get a reply at least :)

I'm in exactly same boat and it's a nightmare getting stuff ready!!

Have you tried putting down each other as the beneficieries on your supers/insurances/etc? That can be quite good evidence to have. Shows how serious you are

Did you get both sets of parents to write a stat dec which includes that although you live with them you contribute to household costs, pay board, pay for food shopping some times like bread, milk etc share the housework? I'm asking my partners mum to write something like this on our application

And I think if you ask someone at your Uncles firm to certify your docs that would be fine

I can't think of anything else right now but I hope this helps you out :)