How long will it take to find a place??

Guest dan85

Hi guys,

Im new to the forum, and heading over to Sydney as soon as my Working holiday visa comes through, hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks, for a 12 month escape and to see how life over there differs from the UK!

Ill be staying in a hotel initially, whilst looking for an apartment to rent.. my question is, how long can I expect to be staying in the hotel for, (working out estimates of cost prior to actually paying rent!) and does anybody have any tips on finding a place to rent?

My wife will be staying in the uk, sorting out the rental of our house, while I sort out things oz end.. and coming out to meet me as soon as its sorted out.

Appreciate any help guys

:)

Dan

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum, we now have a new section on Backpacking and WHV's so I will move your post over there. Hotels are going to cost you a fair bit of money, would you not consider a hostel/backpackers?

Kate

Join the YHA before you leave and check out their website - they have plenty of hostels in the CBD and there are private ones too. I pass one called 'Bounce' which is both hotel and hostel that looks OK (from the street anyway) in Chalmers St, by Central Station. They've got a website too. Look on www.seek.com.au for rentals - you may be able to fix up something before you leave.