Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joy Please

Qualification recognition : Institute closed

Guest Joy Please

Hi Folks,

In the ACS result letter, they have recognised a 6 months' full time IT course I did as equivalent to Australian Bachelors with minor in IT. There's no mention of my non-IT engineering degree or Masters degree.

The problem now is that the institute from where I did that 6 months' course no longer exists. All I have are the identity card, marksheets and the holographed certificate. Now if DIAC tries to contact the institute they wouldn't be able to. That could engender doubts in their minds.

I was hoping that they would recognise my IT experience but would not recognise my qualification(non-IT engineering degree). Then I could have got my non-IT engineering degree assessed by VETASSESS and claimed the qualification points. My degree and Masters institutes are well known and very much alive - so DIAC verification wouldn't have been a problem.

I am now thinking of -

1) either going for ACS assessment again without mentioning the 6 months' IT course.

2) or enquire ACS about this apparent oversight.

3) or apply for 175 and take a chance with my hard earned 3000 $.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Joy

Id enquire, fill in a recheck form and state why, it takes a couple of months though.

Are you sure they have got that right, it's just that there is no degree course which would only take 6 months here (we wish) so how is that assessed as being equivalent?

Just thought you might double check that's all, it seems not right to me.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

It doesn't sound right to me either - if it was a condensed course it might be equivalent to a diploma, but not a degree

Good luck sorting it out thought :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Guest Joy Please

Thanks everyone for your responses.

ACS, the merciful, has provided me the revised result letter - must say they have intellectual integrity.

Good luck with your apps.

Regards,

Joy