Qualification recognition : Institute closed

Guest Joy Please

Guest Joy Please

Hi Folks,

In the ACS result letter, they have recognised a 6 months' full time IT course I did as equivalent to Australian Bachelors with minor in IT. There's no mention of my non-IT engineering degree or Masters degree.

The problem now is that the institute from where I did that 6 months' course no longer exists. All I have are the identity card, marksheets and the holographed certificate. Now if DIAC tries to contact the institute they wouldn't be able to. That could engender doubts in their minds.

I was hoping that they would recognise my IT experience but would not recognise my qualification(non-IT engineering degree). Then I could have got my non-IT engineering degree assessed by VETASSESS and claimed the qualification points. My degree and Masters institutes are well known and very much alive - so DIAC verification wouldn't have been a problem.

I am now thinking of -

1) either going for ACS assessment again without mentioning the 6 months' IT course.

2) or enquire ACS about this apparent oversight.

3) or apply for 175 and take a chance with my hard earned 3000 $.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Joy

Guest Joy Please

Thanks everyone for your responses.

ACS, the merciful, has provided me the revised result letter - must say they have intellectual integrity.

Good luck with your apps.

Regards,

Joy