register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

nik_kershaw

POI Canberra meet - Weston Park 30/10/11

Hi everyone,

Well Sunday appeared to go well, so I have been asked by a number of people to do another one at the end of October.

I may or may not be there as our 2nd son is due to come into the world on that day. However even if I don't make it I still want you all to have a good time.

The venue is Weston Park, at 12 noon. I tried to give you a link to Google maps but it didn't work. Anyway, the BBQ area I am thinking of is opposite the mini railway, there is running water and loos there as well. There is also a playground for the kids plus sandpits.

I think this time if you can wear a sports top from the UK then it will make it easier to be recognised as poms for any of the newbies.

Let me know what you all think

Nik

Guest SoloRenegade

Sounds good thanks for organising. I like the idea of the sports tops, as it was hard to spot which group we needed to walk over too and introduce ourselves :-)

We should be able to make this one (me, DH and the kids who will have just turned 2) . We don't have any UK Sports tops though, but I can get DH to wear his Doctor Who t-shirt!! :biglaugh:

It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins - Chinese proverb

Thanks for posting up/organising Mr K :) you can count us in as really enjoyed Sunday.

Later days - Dave and Joanne

-------------------------------------------------------------

State Sponsored Visa Granted 20Jan11 - Arrived in Canberra 22Sep11 - Citizens Mar16

Congrats on arriving guys we are on day six I think becoming a bit of a blur :)

State Sponsored Visa Granted 20Jan11 - Arrived in Canberra 22Sep11 - Citizens Mar16

We'll be there, arrive next thursday. I'll get Pete to wear his IOM TT tshirt. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Claire

Pete, Claire, Jaime & Maisie

Guest dijaseed
Hi everyone,

Well Sunday appeared to go well, so I have been asked by a number of people to do another one at the end of October.

I may or may not be there as our 2nd son is due to come into the world on that day. However even if I don't make it I still want you all to have a good time.

The venue is Weston Park, at 12 noon. I tried to give you a link to Google maps but it didn't work. Anyway, the BBQ area I am thinking of is opposite the mini railway, there is running water and loos there as well. There is also a playground for the kids plus sandpits.

I think this time if you can wear a sports top from the UK then it will make it easier to be recognised as poms for any of the newbies.

Let me know what you all think

Nik

Hi Nik,

Thanks for organising another get together really enjoyed Sunday so will definitely be at the next one. Good luck with the baby !!:jiggy:

Guest Bazinga

Have passed it on to the OH, I can guarantee he'll be in a Man U shirt!

Guest dijaseed

Sounds good all Utd fans here too !!

Guest destinationoz

Thanks Nik - you're a star! And GOOD LUCK with the birth of your second one ....

Hopefully we'll make it too but don't have any UK sports tops!!!

Guest leedslad

It's a shame I don't arrive until mid-November! My Leeds United shirt will just have to wait until the next one!

Paul

Guest buttercupv

I am going to try and make it, will be nice to meet people other than the folk I am working with, I was actually at that picnic spot on Monday with work, it is lovely and not too far from where the Kangaroos chill out in the sun :)

I've only been here a week, so hopefully I'll get some hints and tips from people who have been here longer

Vics

hello thanks for organising the last bbq, we had a nice time and will be at the next one at Weston Park too!

Guest toops

Hi Nik and everyone else that knows us and the poor ones that have yet to suffer :jiggy:It was fab at Tidbinbilla and met some great people. Looking forward to Weston meet up, thanks!

Jay and Jen - more Mancs !! Whoo hoo, you have been in touch with our pals n30rain ( D & J) and hope to get to meet you soon. Bye for now. Toops.

Hi Nik.

Unfortunately, Mark and I are both working in Brisbane for the next 3 or 4 weeks and won't be back in Canberra until November. But we're definately up for a get-together in November sometime.

Cheers,

Michael.

176 SS non-CSL: April 2009 IELTS; May 2009 Skills Assessment; 22nd May 2009 Lodged 175; 21st September 2009 Lodged ACT SS; 7th January 2010 ACT SS Approved and switched to 176; 17th November 2010 Cat 2 and Case Officer assigned; 8th December 2010 VISA GRANTED :jiggy:

Well, just over a week to go, and still no baby yet. Hope everyone is well and enjoying the nice weather.

Living the dream

Looking forward to it assuming we can sort out taxi service etc. as we have the outlaws with us, assuming they want to come along.

Don't those kids always keep you waiting mate ;)

Looks like we will be there plus the outlaws and perhaps Woof's but I need to check the rules for the area I think they are ok as I am sure there is an actual dog park in Weston.

Want to bring them as they only arrive on Fri afternoon and want to spend as much time as poss before going back to work on Mon with them.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-35.171644,149.106292

All the best Nik, when the new arrival does come!!! We are hoping to come along on Sunday and will probably be wearing either Scottish or Australian rugger tops if that counts!!! (We won't have the kids this weekend though)

Ppxx

300 sublcass visa application lodged 13/10/09, granted 26/10/09, arrived in Oz 13/01/10, married 15/05/10, 801/820 lodged 09/07/10, Granted 21/07/10 !!!!!! :biglaugh:

Well no kid yet, so we are looking to be coming today. I think I might get there early to get the Breakfast on. At least the weather has improved. Should anyone need a lift then PM me with your number and as long as your not in Hall, we have 2 spare seats in the car.

Best get to woolworths and stock up then

Looks like we're not going to make it after all as some family stuff has cropped up. Hopefully next time....

Sent via Tapatalk

It is not economical to go to bed early to save the candles if the result is twins - Chinese proverb

Hopefully the weather keeps up, see you all there!!! :wink:

Ppxx

300 sublcass visa application lodged 13/10/09, granted 26/10/09, arrived in Oz 13/01/10, married 15/05/10, 801/820 lodged 09/07/10, Granted 21/07/10 !!!!!! :biglaugh: