and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
JoandJon

What's your favourite recipe book?

Hi there,

Yep I'm hungry, and as a result food is the only think I'm thinking about.

I just wondered what people's favourite recipe book is (ok you can have a couple)? And (if it's different) what recipe book is your most used (i.e. which one has the most food stains on it!)

My favourite books are

Heston Blumenthal - The Fat Duck cookbook (but I'd never cook anything from it)

and Stephanie Alexander's - The Cook's companion (aka The bible)

Stephanie's is also by far the most used and stained book :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Guest guest37336

Hi JoandJon.

Les Hiddins 'Bush Tucker Survival Guide', which someone bought me, :wubclub:, :notworthy::jiggy::notworthy:

Fat lot of good it does me over here in the UK, but you never know,:idea::unsure:

Cheers Tony.:wubclub:

Guest guest59177

I live in two worlds: one where spicy Pakistani food is the order of the day and the other where western delicacies rule the roost. For Pakistani food, my mum has dictated her tried and tested recipes. For western food I have simply been searching on the net for whatever takes my fancy. And the results have been spectacular. I wanted pizza, and got a fabulous pizza recipe. I wanted a rich dark chocolate cake, and sure enough found it without problems. Apple pie, tick. Puff pastries, tick. Other than that, I am really not well introduced to western cooking so don't even know what to search for!!! And with time I have found I can make my own creations. So I made the following leg of goat completely on my own (the rice and other side dishes are NOT my doing):

attachment.php?attachmentid=3666&stc=1&d=1316958473

Image279.jpg

Image279.jpg

Nigella's,simply because she is on it,smouldering into the camera with her voluptuous figure:notworthy:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Me,tonight:wubclub:

Guest guest59177
Nigella's,simply because she is on it,smouldering into the camera with her voluptuous figure:notworthy:

Errrrr????? :eek::confused::err::wacko::wideeyed::goofy: :unsure:

Guest guest59177
Errrrr????? :eek::confused::err::wacko::wideeyed::goofy: :unsure:

Aaaah OK. I suppose you were referring to this: http://www.nigella.com/books

Well if you like your books that way, I suppose one could sell you quite a few other things as well eh??? :wink:

Guest guest37336

I always found Bobby's avatar very stimulating mate, for ages I thought it was Nigella.:yes:

Aaaah OK. I suppose you were referring to this: http://www.nigella.com/books

Well if you like your books that way, I suppose one could sell you quite a few other things as well eh??? :wink:

If you were nigella yes,darling she is!:wubclub:

"The problem with neo conservative capitalism and it's insatiable greed for more wealth and disparity amongst the populace,is that it ended up being the catalyst for the great depression and modern recession"

Guest guest59177
If you were nigella yes,darling she is!:wubclub:

OK. Let me try sending an email to Nigella proposing a joint venture...

Naaaaah it'll probably end up in Junk mail along with the money transfer proposals from Africa...

OK. Let me try sending an email to Nigella proposing a joint venture...

Naaaaah it'll probably end up in Junk mail along with the money transfer proposals from Africa...

:smile:Tried that,she doesnt respond:no: