Possibly moving to Toowoomba in a few weeks

Libbysmummy

Guest The Pom Queen

It does, we have been here 8 years but I remember it well, one minute I was really excited the next I was in tears and saying I didn't want to go lol x

You should not feel terrified, I've been there for a day and it's a lovely town.

When we were very close to its boundaries we casually tuned the radio on toowomba's radio station... Music from 60's and country style.. Then toowoomba appeared: flowers everywhere, magnificient trees at the side of the road and a wonderful environment.

Me and my partner said: oh my god.. That's pleasentville... (it's a movie)

Anyway, it's very nice and bigger than we expeted.. A great place for families for sure!

Guest Guest31881

I live 2 hours from Toowoomba and we often visit there, its has everything you need and it is a friendly city. Sorry i cannot help with schools and advice on where to live, but i am sure you will love the city. The weather up there is slightly cooler than Brisbane and you do not get the Humidity there that can be so uncomfortable in some parts of QLD.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and have visited there on work trips a few times. To me it has nothing going for it, it's too far from the coast, there is not much to do at nights, the place is like a ghost town after about 6 at night. We found a couple of very good restaurants tbh and the flower festival was on. It was as busy as I've ever seen Toowoomba.

We know a few people who have to work out that way and they leave there families in Brisbane or on the Coast and put in extra hours during the week so they can knock off early on Friday and have long weekends.

Only my opinion though and the other posters seemed to like it. Takes all kinds.

They have a decent leisure centre.

My husbands job is probably going to be in Toowoomba. I have 4 kids aged 15, 12, 10(boys) and 6 (girl).

Any advice on places to live (rent) near good schools as children will walk to school.

Just want a nice, safe family area so kids can play outside

thanks

We live on a 2.5 acre block at Withcott It's at the bottom of the Toowoomba range.On the way to Brisbane.15 min drive centre of Toowoomba.There's some real rough suburbs in Toowoomba, the same as EVERYWHERE else in Queensland/Australia,The gold coast is Qld capital of violent crime and corruption,it's not paradise by any means,but some on here seem to think so,god knows where they lived in the UK.Watching Move To The Country on uk tv last night,thats paradise!The countryside here in the Loockyer Valley is ugly. weve lived in Queensland 25 years and are heading home when we sell our house.I would have a look at Highfields.Don't take alot of what RE agents tell you as the truth.

Hi,

We have been in toowoomba via Adelaide for 5 weeks now and love it!!!!

no its not by the beach but its only 2-3 hours away great for long weekends:biggrin:.

We live in rangeville but Highfields and middleridge are also nice.

Toowoomba is not a "banging" town but we love it,its got great parks,shopping malls and friendly locals!!!

I have two girls 9 and 2 and wouldnt want to be anywhere else.xx