You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

JoandJon

Customs strike on Tuesday

I was happily surfing away when I came across this article in the age, and just in case nobody else was aware have posted the link.

In short - there might be some delays in customs/quarantine processing at all Australian international airports on Tuesday.

I also saw this rather interesting opinion piece in the Age online - well I think it was interesting anyway :) It's nice to see someone stand up and say 'you've got it good!' Link to an article in the Age

Cheers

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?

Wish they were on strike on Friday past. I got singled out and pulled out of line for a bag search. I guess I must fit the profile of an unscrupulous person. :policeman:

Turned out during my mini interrogation - the guy searching my bags went to the school across from where I stayed in London. Amazing how the world can seem quite small.

I've been randomly selected a few times now for explosives residue testing. The first time, I calmly asked the guy what they're testing for because I'd never encountered it and he told me all about it :)

Suffice it to say no residue was detected and I was free to go within a few minutes :)

Jo (Aussie), Jon (Pom on a 100 visa), Satch (the gorgeous viscous labrador) have now been joined by Siena Rose.

Does anyone have a spare instruction manual for a baby girl?