You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest whayaaat

Does Appreticeship count as overseas work experience.

Guest whayaaat

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody knows if apprenticeship experience counts towards getting some extra points for overseas work experience or is it only post qualification. I am looking at a 175/176 Vic SS and it doesn't seem to specify. It just says experience in the chosen Skill or closely related?

Does anybody have any info regarding this, those extra points would take some pressure off havin to get full marks on the IELTS!!!!

Thanks Guys

From what I remember they ask for how much experience you have. For that work to count it must be a min of 20 hours per week and be paid.

Landed and loving it!

Guest whayaaat

Judging by my first spelling of Apprenticeship the IELTS would be a big struggle!! Thanks for that though Mizzmp. The apprenticeship basically included 3 years full time work and approximately 1 year of schooling so it would be fantastic to be able to use this to gain valuable points.

Anybody else got any pearls of wisdom?

Guest woj

I was told by one company it was POST apprenticeship exp, so at the time i needed to wait another year.

Got in touch with someone else who we eventually used as our agent, they said my apprenticeship counted.

Mine was 4 year apprenticeship, 1 day per week at college, rest was on site experience plus completing NVQ on site.

Hope this helps

Guest whayaaat

Thanks Woj, I was hoping this would be the case. Like that, the Diac website does not specify post qualification as such! I have my electrical license already and had to do another trade assessment to get a migration letter and now it's a case of trying to add up points to get to the magic number 65!!!