Joinery work & schools in perth please?

Sporty

Hi All,

We am very close to submitting the WA SS form and they need 3 areas for us to choose. We have looked on job sites but finding it hard to work out what the best areas are for a Joiner and a recruitment consultant. :wacko: We have 3 boys (13,15,17) so schools are also important. Does anyone have any experience they could share with us? :notworthy:

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks

it depends what sort of bugdet you have for buying or renting. I moved from Solihull over 20 years ago and currently live in Scarborough, which is a great area but not that cheap. If you boys are going to government schools, I would be very careful where you settle. My daughter is a teacher and has taught at some (and I quote) appalling schools. Don't take any notice of the statistics they give either. There is very much a north/south divide on opinions, but I much prefer north of the river. I would definitely avoid the rockingham/kwinana area altogher. Go on google earth and check out the heavy industry there. I would be happy to give an opinion on your choices if you like and get a second opinion on schools from my daughter. Most hr consultants would find work in the city or west perth, although some larger companies have their own department and that could be anywhere. I presume joiners work mainly in the buiding industry, so if there is a call for them, you would probably find work anywhere in the metro area within a reasonable commute.

By the way after 21 years in Perth, we are going home (when we can sell the house). The market here is not good at the moment, mainly due to the world financial volatility and the banks tightening up so much. We sold the house in May, but the buyers were declined finance at the last juncture, so we took the house off the market and are starting again next month.