Working Holiday Visa - Online Application?

Cruz

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of filling out my WHV application online, and have a quick question in regards to the " what field of employment will I be seeking when I get to oz"

I'm currently employed as a Youth Worker/Mentor, but would rather have a break and do something different when I get to oz....something simple like business admin, retail banking etc (which I have done previously).

Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but will my application look suspect, with me wanting to work in a completely different role in Oz, to what I'm currently employed as here in the UK?

Thanks for any info on this.

You could put 'Not known' or'Casual' anything at all and they wouldn't care. If you have a clean criminal and immigration record, WHVs are granted as a rubber stamp process.

Thats good to know:)....I have a clean record etc, so hopefully I'll get it processed quickly.

A friend of mine who applied for hers a month ago had her application delayed. She wanted to work in a nursary out there, so had to go and have a body scan before her visa was granted which I thought was a little strange?

That would have been a chest x-ray because she said she intended working with children - they would have been checking for TB. Medicals are sometimes required depending on your stated intentions in Australia (such as entering a hospital, health care area, childcare centre or classroom).

I see. That makes sense.

So if I put down that I would like to seek employment in Retail once I get to Australia (on the application), I won't just be limited to retail, I can still apply for jobs in other sectors while I'm over there?

Thanks

I see. That makes sense.

So if I put down that I would like to seek employment in Retail once I get to Australia (on the application), I won't just be limited to retail, I can still apply for jobs in other sectors while I'm over there?

Thanks

Yep, you can apply for anything once you are there, you are not restricted to what you said you wanted to do (although they might ask for the x-ray or something if you wanted to go then work for more than 3 months in a classroom or hospital, not 100% sure how that works and what checks they do on that specific bit, but anything else you are fine for). Have fun :)

Once again, thanks for all your help with this people. Its well appreciated.

Just one more questions (as stupid as it may be).

I was granted my WHV within a few hours after I applied:biggrin:

They sent me an email through to confirm this etc.

I was under the impression that my visa would be seperate to my passport, and that I'd have to privide a photo to have it processed etc.

However, from what I can gather, the visa is linked to my passport via the Electronic Travel Authority. This is what was said in the email:

"You will not have a visa label placed in your passport when travelling to Australia as your visa is recorded electronically in Australia's visa systems. It is recommended that you print and keep a copy of this advice for your personal records"

So I basically just print a copy of the email for evidence, and I'm pretty much good to go with Just my passport as the WHV is connected to it through ETA?

Archived