and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joebhoy87

Melbourne Construction card?

Guest Joebhoy87

Hey how yous doing? Was just wondering what card you need to work on building site in melbourne? Will be heading over at the end of october to try and get work as a bricklayer and just a bit confused. There seems to be white cards ,green cards and ive seen red cards mentioned aswell :eek:. So if anyone could tell me which one i need that would be great. cheers

joe

The Red card is to allow you on the site it is now called the Construction Induction Card it is like a Health and safety course

http://www.shortcourses.rmit.edu.au/keysearch.php?show_public_course=1&select_course_type_code=S130210&cbs=f33666656b04aa989dd78e38bc73a7f8

A Red Card will have been issued prior to July 1, 2008.

A White Card or Construction Induction Training Card, is the current industry training requirement. Both cards are recognised as WorkSafe approved induction training.

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

I forgot to say, the Green card is the NSW version of the same thing

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Guest andybhoy

Mate I'm off to Brisbane this afternoon from sunny Scotland !! I got my blue card which is queenslands version of what your looking for I presume, I done an online course through blue dog training au$80 and got certificate emailed and card sent to the address I'm arriving to, worth a look as it's pretty straight forward and came recommended to me from this forum

Good luck

Andy

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.829729,-4.390935