676 Time Issues

Guest paulf55

Hi,

Have any of you guys and gals ever come across the following issue.

Having gotten the 676 Holiday visa for an initial 6 month period, my girlfriend then went home to the UK before the 6 moths were up as she would then have been under a bridging visa. When she came back into oz the immigration officials took her to the interview room to question her about why she was entering oz even though her visa was almost up. Once they were satisfied that she had a bridging visa they let her through.

We applied to get the working restrictions lifted. Just received the email today and it started off by saying that they accepted it and removed the working restrictions (happy faces) and then followed it by saying that the 676 is in effect until january next year so they have rejected it!!

I dont know what to do now, if anything!! Just sick of immigration and all the rubbish they chat. Have been waiting for 857 for 5 months 1 week now and im from a low risk country!!when I rang them they said minimum 8 months until I get a co and then god knows how long after that!!

Rant over!! If anyone knows if we have ANY options please please let us know.

Be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...