emmaroo

Anyone gone back for a visit.....

Is that what you are leaning towards. How are you feeling?

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

No, just wondered if anyone had done it!

Still feeling confused about stuff!:confused:

Lang may yer lum reek!

Guest Guest16631

...................hav't returned to a country.....................but once when things were really bad and I couldn't see a way forward....................I dissapeared for a while......................I told all the family...............I needed time to rest and rejuvinate my soul.........................by distancing yourself and going somewhere new...................that has no ajenders or distractions.....................often helps you sort out thoughts and feelings.....................hope this idea may help you................often returning to family and old friends just makkes you more confused...........................too many opinions although well meant......................often confuse.......................tink x

No, just wondered if anyone had done it!

Still feeling confused about stuff!:confused:

Go and find the millionaire thread on here and start stalking them Emma lol x:hug::hug:

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Go and find the millionaire thread on here and start stalking them Emma lol x:hug::hug:

:twitcy::wink:

Lang may yer lum reek!

I loved back every couple of years to see my parents - six to eight weeks of being mollycoddled by them rejuvenated me for another stint of stress in Sydney. I was working long hours and doing a BA at UNSW as well though.

In 1996, I was made redundant from my job at Garden Island Dockyard in Sydney and I took off for England on a RTW ticket, intending to stay for a year, stopping over in the USA which I did, and then in South Africa and Perth WA on the way back.

A couple of weeks after I arrived I got a job with Royal Mail, three months later I went back to Sydney to let my flat out - used the return part of the ticket to have 48 hr stopovers in Jo-burg & Perth (great way to break the trip to Sydney) and got a one way ticket back to UK.

I stayed in the UK for twelve years, my Mum died in '97, Dad in 2005 and I bought their house. Eventually, I decided to come back to Sydney as I've got a brother here. I always intended to come back to OZ but perhaps I should have stayed in UK with my job until I reached sixty and the PO pension. On the other hand I've had some new experiences coming back, met new people and perhaps it might have been harder to settle if I'd left it later.

It was just the right circumstances - losing my job, being upset, not having my own family to worry about in Sydney, my parents still in England. 'It's an ill wind that never blows you back to England!' If you can do it, why not? I have no real desire to return to England again and I've let my UK passport expire (I'm an Aussie citizen.)

Come to think of it, I always liked the idea of staying long term in England. I did it for six months in 1983 which was my first time back and I settled back in.

There's no right or wrong about it. Going back might settle your mind as to where you really want to be. My advice is to get your permanent residence or, preferably, Aussie citizenship before you go.

I remember flying to Menorca in 1997 and there was an Aussie bloke sitting next to me, had married a Pom and lived in England. There are plenty who do what we do the other way.

I loved back every couple of years to see my parents - six to eight weeks of being mollycoddled by them rejuvenated me for another stint of stress in Sydney. I was working long hours and doing a BA at UNSW as well though.

In 1996, I was made redundant from my job at Garden Island Dockyard in Sydney and I took off for England on a RTW ticket, intending to stay for a year, stopping over in the USA which I did, and then in South Africa and Perth WA on the way back.

A couple of weeks after I arrived I got a job with Royal Mail, three months later I went back to Sydney to let my flat out - used the return part of the ticket to have 48 hr stopovers in Jo-burg & Perth (great way to break the trip to Sydney) and got a one way ticket back to UK.

I stayed in the UK for twelve years, my Mum died in '97, Dad in 2005 and I bought their house. Eventually, I decided to come back to Sydney as I've got a brother here. I always intended to come back to OZ but perhaps I should have stayed in UK with my job until I reached sixty and the PO pension. On the other hand I've had some new experiences coming back, met new people and perhaps it might have been harder to settle if I'd left it later.

It was just the right circumstances - losing my job, being upset, not having my own family to worry about in Sydney, my parents still in England. 'It's an ill wind that never blows you back to England!' If you can do it, why not? I have no real desire to return to England again and I've let my UK passport expire (I'm an Aussie citizen.)

Come to think of it, I always liked the idea of staying long term in England. I did it for six months in 1983 which was my first time back and I settled back in.

There's no right or wrong about it. Going back might settle your mind as to where you really want to be. My advice is to get your permanent residence or, preferably, Aussie citizenship before you go.

I remember flying to Menorca in 1997 and there was an Aussie bloke sitting next to me, had married a Pom and lived in England. There are plenty who do what we do the other way.

My parents are in Oz and have no other family so not going back to Scotland to be mollycoddled! This is something I have to do for me.

I am lucky enough to have my PR so if I was to go back and then in a year or so decide to come back I can do.

Emma

Lang may yer lum reek!

My parents are in Oz and have no other family so not going back to Scotland to be mollycoddled! This is something I have to do for me.

I am lucky enough to have my PR so if I was to go back and then in a year or so decide to come back I can do.

Emma

Go for it in that case - go back in the winter maybe to undergo the worst of the weather first? Come to think of it, I arrived back in October 1996 and had to change straight out of my shorts at Heathrow.

I went to Italy on the 3rd July 1994 for a year and stayed for 15........ we only returned to the UK in 2009 because of my OH's job, I would probably have stayed in Italy otherwise. We are now in Sydney and strangely enough I am more homesick for the UK!!! We are a strange bunch the human race.... I think if you are having such feelings and have your PR then you should give it a go. Good luck x

And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at where we started, and know the place for the first time.

My son went to UK for a gap year - 9 years ago and never returned except to clear up all his stuff and have a bit of a holiday.

I am in UK at the moment and having serious thoughts of not bothering to return to Aus - watch this space!!!!