Oz eases visa requirements to woo Indian students

virtual_bajwa

"if one goes to regional places like Rockhampton and Bundaberg..you will still be heckled for your color.."

so wonder why that hasn't happened to me ?? odd........ :biglaugh:

very good!..so thats about two/three so far...who advocate Australian institutes, Australian society and its stand in general,towards colored students...against two!..lol...keep it coming!

No..the statement was...make up your mind....if you need to migrate...eduaction could be a good route..as it gives one a taste of the local conditions as well..especially when it comes to pro-immigration countries like Australia...but if the aim is to get a Western degree...go for the best!...i.e.US/UK!

for those of us unable to get into an ivy league institute in the UK/US, going to a mid tier institute there wouldnt be much different than coming here....

very good!..so thats about two/three so far...who advocate Australian institutes, Australian society and its stand in general,towards colored students...against two!..lol...keep it coming!

I've read this whole thread and so far there have been 2/3 migrants posting they have not experienced racism against the 1 person on here that is stating there is a problem - i would say the concensus is that Australians are not as racist as some people will have others think!

If you have experienced racism then please do post about your experiences so others can learn from it but don't put others down that say they have had no problem with racism.

There are too many people on this forum that are being negative about racism towards migrants and migrants being racist about Australians, it makes me sick at times!

If you feel so strongly about your views then why don't you try and do something about it for the good rather than getting into a slanging match with other PIO users?

No one got into a slanging match..

There are folks who are voicing out their views...and if they dont like negative views about Australia are suggesting that people should leave the country...

As potential students folks should definitely know whatever experiences people have had here...

Yes,I had written to the Australian Human rights commission about this...The response that I got was a telephone call explaining me what the official stand on racism was..mind you NOTHING in writing although I had requested the same...

I have time and again,tried to address the issue when people have been heckled as 'Pakis'...by trying to explain the person that all brown people are not Pakis...however,there is much Islamic hatred in this country and it has gotten to a stage where people just do not want to listen..

..Its alarming that folks who have had issues are either staying mum...or are not keen on posting!..either ways...if one sees issues and raises them...why should he not be allowed to express them..simply because the others are more in number?

Why don't people write independent views...their own experiences,rather than get personal,asking people to leave?...or "why dont you do something about it?"..rant..

No one got into a slanging match..

There are folks who are voicing out their views...and if they dont like negative views about Australia are suggesting that people should leave the country...

As potential students folks should definitely know whatever experiences people have had here...

Yes,I had written to the Australian Human rights commission about this...The response that I got was a telephone call explaining me what the official stand on racism was..mind you NOTHING in writing although I had requested the same...

I have time and again,tried to address the issue when people have been heckled as 'Pakis'...by trying to explain the person that all brown people are not Pakis...however,there is much Islamic hatred in this country and it has gotten to a stage where people just do not want to listen..

..Its alarming that folks who have had issues are either staying mum...or are not keen on posting!..either ways...if one sees issues and raises them...why should he not be allowed to express them..simply because the others are more in number?

Why don't people write independent views...their own experiences,rather than get personal,asking people to leave?...or "why dont you do something about it?"..rant..

Fair play to you, it sounds like you have tried to make a difference regarding racism and i hope you are not deterred.

I did not say you should not post your views/experiences of racism. Racism needs to be talked about so we can move beyond it. The reason i posted was because in my opinion your posts were beginning to sound aggressive or confrontational and i think that will only bring out the worst in others.

People can learn from experiences like yours but not if the way you put your point across makes people want to turn their computer off!

True!..there is always the switch off button!..I hope students reading these would take both the views on board and make an informed decision..at the end of the day Indian parents invest a lot of resources in sending their kids to a foreign institute and hence should be exposed to a variety of experiences from the Indian diaspora!..what needs to be taken on board and what is to be left out,is a completely individual call,I suppose...and that includes,turning the computer on or off.

OK. I've done the mod thing on this thread. It was rather headache inducing while trying to contend with a tired three year old also. Thanks for that :rolleyes:

Anyways, its sorted and tidied up :yes:

Lets keep to the topic please and remember to be civil to each other. I realise sometimes things can get heated as peoples opinions and experiences vary. Doesn't mean you can't all still get along I am sure.

Anyone in doubt of what might be dodgy ground or questionable perhaps this is a good time to remind yourselves of the forum rules.

Thanks

snifter