Visa and Pregnancy Info Please!

Guest westozlou

Guest westozlou

Hi, I am already in Australia as a dependent on my husbands 457 visa. I have just sat my ielts exam, I'm awaiting my AHPRA reg and ready to apply to ANMC for skills assessment (which should could take up to 3-4 months I think) then apply for 175 visa.

I have just found out I am pregnant.

What is the best course of action for applying for my visa. Can I apply for it now and then just have medicals done once bub is born or am I best just abandoning it until after baby is born? I really would like to get the pr as quickly as possible for a sense of security more than anything else.

Any info greatly appreciated thanks.

IMO,your pregnancy won't make any difference. Given that you're already pregnant and don't yet have your skills assessment, there is no way you're going to need medicals for a 175 before the baby is born. Current processing time after a 175 application is lodged is at least 12 months and medicals aren't needed until the final stages of visa processing.

Guest westozlou

That's great Ozmaniac, thanks, I just didnt want to make things more complicated than they needed to be. I've heard some people on here saying that they were granted the visa and their wife and baby just got medicals here or that they just postponed medicals until after baby was born. I just didn't want to spend lots of money to be told that I'd need to start from scratch or something. I had medical in October past for the visa were on so I know that everything is fine and hopefully baby will be fine and it will be smooth flow of paperwork then!