register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest MD9699

Got skill listed in SOL but work experience not applicable

Guest MD9699

I am 42 this year and have tried out the visa wizard. I have a Diploma in Electrical Eng. which is listed in the SOL but when it comes to working experience, I got none cause the last work related was 20 years ago and afterthat I have been in a sales line.

Without the nominated skill experience , is there any other channel that I can try, like going for student visa at Tafe while gaining employment in the related field for a year and than apply PR under Skill Visa.

Time is running out for me and anyhelp is appreciated. Thank you.

I am 42 this year and have tried out the visa wizard. I have a Diploma in Electrical Eng. which is listed in the SOL but when it comes to working experience, I got none cause the last work related was 20 years ago and afterthat I have been in a sales line.

Without the nominated skill experience , is there any other channel that I can try, like going for student visa at Tafe while gaining employment in the related field for a year and than apply PR under Skill Visa.

Hi MD,

Maybe you can check this link http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf to check if your current occupation is in the list.

Consult a registered migration agent for an assessment.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com