Permanent resident visa or sponsored?

rache76

Hi everyone,

My sister in law is a surgical nurse in the uk, she would love to emigrate to Brisbane, Australia.

We have heard of agents that help you find a job and for the employer to sponsor her.

Has anyone tried this?

Has anyone got any views on if a permanent visa maybe a better choice for her?

i appreciate any help or views you all may have :wub::wub:cute:

Rachel

An agent deals with your application and charge hefty fees which relate to the level of support and hand holding that you need. It is feasible for a 'sensible' person to navigate the visa application process independantly. A nursing agency will find an employer. DIAC will tell you all you need to know about the visa process. Google QLD Health to see what jobs they have. Mater Hospitals are also big employers. AHPRA will give you all the info on registering as a nurse.

176 state sponsored visa is good because you are a perm res and have the same rights as the aussies, however employer sponsor could be a lot quicker and they may pay towards her relocation costs. I think if shes employer sponsored, after a certain period (3-4 years) she can then apply for perm residency. My friends 2 years in at Adelaide and shes a podiatrist.

Hope thats helps.

Guest asinghatiya

Hi friends, I am a newbie to this forum and excuse me if I sound too green!! Actually I have similar deliama. I am from India and planning to move to Australia. I am masters in Law and Management with an exp of 8.5 years in Industry. Immigration consultant charge huge amount for the process and job. Can this is be persued individually or its always advisable to go through an experienced Agent. thanks in advance for all your support.

Guest guest36187

Regarding nursing in Oz....a 457 sponsored is a quick method to get here but it is often called the risky visa. a 457 gets you a job that has to be full time - 76 hours per fortnight -

What it doesnt get you is security. if you fall out with your employer, get fired, dont like where you work......you have to get another 457 or you are on the big white bird going home.

A permenent visa is much safer.

Hi friends, I am a newbie to this forum and excuse me if I sound too green!! Actually I have similar deliama. I am from India and planning to move to Australia. I am masters in Law and Management with an exp of 8.5 years in Industry. Immigration consultant charge huge amount for the process and job. Can this is be persued individually or its always advisable to go through an experienced Agent. thanks in advance for all your support.

A lot of people have gone through the application process on their own and have managed to secure a visa. However, this is only advisable if your case is relatively simple and straightforward. You will effectively have to do all the research and get all the paperwork together and as long as you feel you are able to do this and you are happy to take the risk on your own, then you can go ahead.

I've previously lodged a 175 visa application, which I am still waiting to hear the outcome of. My application is fairly simple but I still used an agent. I could afford it and preferred to part with the cash rather than take a risk. I would literally cry if my visa application was turned down because I missed filling out a form or providing a bit of information.

I've since managed to secure a sponsor and currently applying for a 457 visa and my employer used an agent as well despite the fact that they've been sponsoring employees for years.

Knowing what I know now, I would have managed to put the application together just fine on my own but saying that, if I had to put my application together again, I would still use an agent just so that I do not have to deal with all the self-doubt. The process is stressful enough without my having to worry myself silly on top of it all.