IELTS Results.

Guest mikeandleanne

Guest mikeandleanne

Hello,

I got my results through on Tuesday after taking the test on 3rd September.

When opening them I was happy to see I scored an overall 8.5 which is great as I needed an 8 to boost up my points.

I have just been browsing a few websites and have realised I may need to re-sit the test as I only scored 7.5 in one of the individual bands (reading).

Does anyone know if this is true, I am a little bit worried now!

Any help is much Appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you will need scores of 8.0 or higher in each component. I am in the same boat - got 7.5 for writing, will be re-sitting mine this coming Saturday.

Guest mikeandleanne

Thanks for the reply and confirming.

I just read it in the Booklet 6 PDF, I had a strange feeling something was not right, I think I may try gettting the paper re-marked!

:(

Superior English

You have fully operational command of English and

handle complex detailed argumentation well.

IELTS score of at least 8 on each

of the 4 components of the test—

speaking, reading, writing and

listening, or equivalent standard

in a specified test

I just read it in the Booklet 6 PDF, I had a strange feeling something was not right, I think I may try gettting the paper re-marked!

:(

Sorry to hear that mate, sounds like you are so close to passing...depends on how quick you need the results, i've read on here the re mark can take a while and then if it comes back the same you have lost time. Good luck whatever you do x

I've sent mine for a re-mark too although, having done subsequent research, it doesn't look very hopeful that it would be marked any higher now. I understand though that getting re-marked upwards for reading and listening is next to impossible as the there isn't much leeway here because all the answers are pretty much set in concrete, even smallest deviation from what they consider a correct answer is marked as incorrect.

Guest mikeandleanne

I see what you mean with the answers for the reading, they are the answers! I think a re-test is on the cards then! I was adamant all my answers were correct on the reading and listening too. It was the writing that concerned me and I got an 8.5.

The other option for us is Regional Australia so I am about to research this.

The other thing that has crossed my mind is the length of service in my trade, I have been working in my trade for 7 years but 3 of those were as an apprentice, so I have marked myself down as 5 points for Overseas Employment, maybe I could squeeze the 10 points :wacko:

I see what you mean with the answers for the reading, they are the answers! I think a re-test is on the cards then! I was adamant all my answers were correct on the reading and listening too. It was the writing that concerned me and I got an 8.5.

The other option for us is Regional Australia so I am about to research this.

The other thing that has crossed my mind is the length of service in my trade, I have been working in my trade for 7 years but 3 of those were as an apprentice, so I have marked myself down as 5 points for Overseas Employment, maybe I could squeeze the 10 points :wacko:

we absolutely used the apprentiship as part of the years worked...you were working, getting paid for it, so why not. :)

Guest mikeandleanne
we absolutely used the apprentiship as part of the years worked...you were working, getting paid for it, so why not. :)

Hi,

I have been looking into this, on the phone and scouring the Internet! I am applying for WA SS(I think), and found this on the website:

Work experience criteria

To claim points for work experience State Sponsorship applicants must have gained their work experience under the following conditions:

work experience has been gained post qualification (traineeship and apprenticeship years are not included);

Don't think apprenticeship years count :mad:

Source: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/StateSponsorshipcriteria.aspx